WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Huge kudos to Keith at tikcox.com...I ordered a GW-2000BD from him on Saturday and it arrived this morning (UK to ROI) with great efficiency.

So that completes my month of watch buying :

a) GW-9200 Riseman (dragon)
b) Protrek PAW 1500-1V (this and the riseman were my original intended purchases, i.e. two new digital sports watches).
c) Added a GW-M5600BC - because I wanted a digi daily beater I could wear to work (suit and tie)
d) Added the GW-2000...just a cool watch. Will be great as a daily beater/Jeans & a T-Shirt watch.

So I like my choices - all great pieces - and I think the only one that was a little OTT was the GW-2000 as I already have a nice analogue...therefore by the standards of this forum, I got off lightly.

Yes...this thread is worthless without pics :-d

I will take some when I have the bracelet on the Aviator adjusted and can get them all together in the same place.

And I am done buying watches for some considerable period of time now.

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
Make sure you don't look at any then, because looking leads to buying... ;-)

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I was planning on not buying watches for a while too. And then I saw a DW5025B on the sales forum that I had to have! I actually bought one more watch this month (a c. 1950 Longines) but that doesn't count because it's a graduation gift for my brother. He'll finally be out of high school and, if all goes well, going to Brown next fall.

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
So that completes my month of watch buying :

a) GW-9200 Riseman (dragon)
b) Protrek PAW 1500-1V (this and the riseman were my original intended purchases, i.e. two new digital sports watches).
c) Added a GW-M5600BC - because I wanted a digi daily beater I could wear to work (suit and tie)
d) Added the GW-2000...just a cool watch. Will be great as a daily beater/Jeans & a T-Shirt watch.
How about a Frogman? Or a 6900? Or a GIEZ?

;-)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
And I am done buying watches for some considerable period of time now.[/quote]

I say the same thing right before I buy a new watch:-dLOL.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I've been saying this every week (at times daily) for the last two months. So far I have not kept my word. :rodekaart
Looking forward to the pics! :)

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Make sure you don't look at any then, because looking leads to buying... ;-)
I'm guessing that you have personal experience regarding this. So, what have you been looking at lately?

I have the same problem. Now I'm awaiting the release/arrival of a Prometheus OD ;-)

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
I'm guessing that you have personal experience regarding this. So, what have you been looking at lately?
What haven't I looked at? :)

Over the last few weeks - Marathon, Ikepod, Mk II, Stowa, Casio, Precista, Oris, Tutima...

It would be easier to say what I don't look at - Breitling, Timex, Tag, Tissot, Ball, Panerai, Bell & Ross. ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts