WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being absolutely hopped up on caffeine, I just finished studying for calculus. Still have to write a position paper, and study for Spanish exam, and a Chinese exam for Saturday school. Might go to sleep early today.

Mister Orient has been keeping track of time for me nicely here and timing my mock tests.

子曰...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,054 Posts
The Parker was the first thing I noticed too! But I thought Jotter until I saw the tip of the cap.
Haven't been into writing instruments since I sold the collection on eBay, but I still appreciate nice ones.
Side note: my pen at the desk is a ball-point, but it's a Parker Jotter from 1954. First year, and only year they made the body out of nylon, and had "ribs" etched into it. Experienced “Jotter Eyes” will also note the absence of the metal tip on the body (many early bodies cracked at the tip), and the squared-off clip on the top with a concave “trough.” The clicker is also different as it doesn’t have the logo and has a different shape. Ok, enough pen-nerding...

·
Registered
6,158 Posts
Being absolutely hopped up on caffeine, I just finished studying for calculus. Still have to write a position paper, and study for Spanish exam, and a Chinese exam for Saturday school. Might go to sleep early today.

Mister Orient has been keeping track of time for me nicely here and timing my mock tests.

子曰...

It gets even more difficult once you get into high school

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Parker was the first thing I noticed too! But I thought Jotter until I saw the tip of the cap.
Haven't been into writing instruments since I sold the collection on eBay, but I still appreciate nice ones.
Side note: my pen at the desk is a ball-point, but it's a Parker Jotter from 1954. First year, and only year they made the body out of nylon, and had "ribs" etched into it.
Picture coming.
I recently sold a fishscale Jotter and a Signet set... saving up for a Hamilton.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay...you folks got me thinking about pens and the last think i need is another hobby on which to spend time and money. Thanks alot.
You're welcome.

My hobbies have me either making money (pen restoration, still do it) or spending inordinate amounts (pens and watches). My neighbor's lawns support my interests.

The nib pics do not correspond to the pens pictured.

·
Premium Member
36,436 Posts
Great watch, great pen, great picture.

Good luck with your tests.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts