WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, recently i was dared by a watch enthusiast to make a bund strap so this is what i came up with. universal to fit any 24mm lugged watch that is why i had the straps free moving and can also be worn without the bund. still got some flaws as this was just a prototype. just want to share some pics...

on a 44mm militare

best,
Paul

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
Hahaha, would you believe I have just completed a strap with the floating keeper shaped & stitched just like that........:-d

That is some great work there mate, well done......:-!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, btw the holes on the bund are actually made so that air can circulate between the wrist and bund. well hopefully..

Hahaha, would you believe I have just completed a strap with the floating keeper shaped & stitched just like that........:-d

That is some great work there mate, well done......:-!
hey no problem James, post it man!

best,
Paul

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Paul,

EXCELLENT work, as always!! :-!

- Matt

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice idea with the keeper:-!

·
Vendor
6,299 Posts
You should give up the day job and go into full time strap production, with straps like this you'd do well :-!

Love the look of this one and the keepers are neat !! Well Done !!! :-!

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
Wow if that's your "flawed prototype" I can't wait to see the final :D

I love the way the floating keeper matches the loops in the bund. Great piece all around :-!

·
Registered
6,203 Posts
looks nice|>reminds me a bit of this one.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
How do you guys get your edges so smooth?!

I'm using edge kote, and it's just that.. a coating.

I assume you guys use some sort of wax?

Looks so much more finished than mine. |>

·
Registered
324 Posts
Paul,

Very nice! And getting a response form "THE MAN" should make you feel good as well! Keep up the fantastic work!

And to Shane,

Don't worry about any of us taking anything away from you!

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
hey no problem James, post it man!

best,
Paul
Here it is paul.......The customer is away on a 7 week trip so no real need to finish it quickly. Infact it has been sitting around unfinished for 3 weeks now. He asked for a flush mounted simple used look dirty keeper so we came up with this.

Realistically though, I reckon we both had seen Shanes masterpieces in the past & the images stayed with us subcontiously. In saying that most of us at some point will produce or have similar ideas, but there is no doubt Shane is the trailblazer for us all. Some of his stuff is so out there it is brilliant....:-!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Love the strap and bund.. great work!

Anthony

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks guys!

Paul,

Very nice! And getting a response form "THE MAN" should make you feel good as well! Keep up the fantastic work!
thanks Lowes, well all pioneer strap makers inspire me in every strap i make.

Here it is paul.......The customer is away on a 7 week trip so no real need to finish it quickly. Infact it has been sitting around unfinished for 3 weeks now. He asked for a flush mounted simple used look dirty keeper so we came up with this.

Realistically though, I reckon we both had seen Shanes masterpieces in the past & the images stayed with us subcontiously. In saying that most of us at some point will produce or have similar ideas, but there is no doubt Shane is the trailblazer for us all. Some of his stuff is so out there it is brilliant....:-!
James, sometimes we unknowingly makes straps that has the same idea as the past works of others so for that i just say sorry and just try to avoid that kind of design.

You should give up the day job and go into full time strap production, with straps like this you'd do well :-!

Love the look of this one and the keepers are neat !! Well Done !!! :-!
Thanks man! i wish i could but don't want to waste college degree and present work as i don't think that i will be doing this for a long time since i might be migrating outside the U.S. in the near future. this is still a hobby and i'm enjoying it!

No problemo I have plenty more:-d:-d

Shane, is that a production line? you big tease!

best,
Paul

1 - 18 of 18 Posts