WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
GP has these nice angles making the dial/case combination very pleasing to look at and it never gets boring. The GO is a simpler watch visually, but beautiful nonetheless. I still prefer GP. But as people always rightfully say here - pick what ultimately pleases your eye and not of the random person on the forum :)

·
Premium Member
6,668 Posts
Tough choice... but I'd go Laureato.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I would go for the GP! The GO's case is very big in real life, not thick, but it takes a lot of real estate. Plus GP has a great dial and a matching date window, and I prefer GP's bracelet.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I looked at both, and went with the GO. Both are very nice, though, and strictly a case of personal preference. It didn't hurt that I got a very good price from a GO authorized dealer. I also think the GO brand is a bit better, but again, others may well think otherwise.

·
Registered
2,947 Posts
Laureato for me as well. GO is cool but it’s thick, and very broad - wears big as others have pointed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
The one thing that may swing the balance in one direction rather than the other, is that the Glashutte Original has a micro-adjustment in the clasp, activated by the push button logo on it.
If your wrists don’t change size much during the day or you are fine with the watch having a bit of freedom to move about your wrist, then that feature would be redundant, and it’ll be down to whichever looks/feels nicest on your wrist.

Just out of curiosity, is there something you could sell to release the additional funding in order to have both?
Also remember/be aware that the GO date wheels were changed from white to colour matched during production, within 8-12 months, iirc, and all the better for it.
If both can be an option, I’d suggest going with the grey dial on the Seventies.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The GP is growing on me a lot - but I personally find the seventies to look a little bloated.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No idea what the GP normally goes for but I can tell you that is not a very good price on that GO. For that money my answer would be neither

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Really? New msrp is 10k. Bracelet version anyway.

Thanks for the note on the date matching!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Same price blue steel watch. What say you? I'm a GO guy, but that gp dial!
The GP Laureato reminds of a Porsche Boxter. If you have one, it's not what the watch (or car) you actually wanted. The Glashutte Original 70s on the other hand is not trying to be anything else. It looks frickin' awesome and even has a cool complication.

·
Premium Member
6,668 Posts
The GP Laureato reminds of a Porsche Boxter. If you have one, it's not what the watch (or car) you actually wanted. The Glashutte Original 70s on the other hand is not trying to be anything else. It looks frickin' awesome and even has a cool complication.
Not everyone who likes the Laureato really just wants a Royal Oak. I know I prefer the design of the Laureato myself, and how it wears (though just from having tried both on, not from owning either). That's like saying anyone who buys a black dive watch really just wants a Submariner.

Reactions: drhr

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
A) Is there something wrong with not being able to afford the watch/car that you’d really like?
B) Please don’t psychoanalyse others using a flawed logic system which fails to take into account aesthetic preference and brand agnosticism.

As I’ve said previously (here and/or elsewhere), a good watch is a good watch, no matter what the dial has written on it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
GP fits better, but design-wise it is still subjective for the user. Why not consider a Zenith Defy also cheaper too

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
The GO Senator Seventies for me, albeit with the grey dial instead. The GP looks too much to me like someone took a AP dial & bezel, a PP bracelet, and VC case, and mashed it together into a single watch.

Regards,
Alysandir

·
Premium Member
3,240 Posts
GP all the way. The GO is too big, and the bracelet on the GP is superior.
How so? The GO bracelet has both tool-less microadjust (their version of Rolex' Glidelock), and the ability to remove links with basically a ballpoint pen, since the pins are spring-detente. What's the GP bracelet's selling points?

Regards,
Alysandir

1 - 20 of 26 Posts