WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me about this watch manufacturer? I know(or believe I know) it's pre 1965 due to the "waterproof" marking. From alittle research based on markings on the movement I believe it's German made. Andhave been given verification from some members earlier. (thank you) I don't know the jewel count or whomisclaiming manufacture from the markngs on the rotor. I also can't seem to find any info or other examples onLawrence. Any info is appreciated.

Attachments

·
20,237 Posts
German movement, Hong Kong case, 1960s style, obscure brand :think: might be difficult to trace.... but I suspect that it might once have had a date magnifier on the underside of the crystal. Might be worth asking the watchmaker if you take it in for a service.

·
Registered
7,324 Posts
Most likely a house brand for a jewelry store or a department store. A lot of stores back then offered house brands as an entry level way to get a decent watch(i.e. a jeweled watch instead of a crappy no jewel one)

PUW made a lot of movements for folks.

It looks like a 1960's era case. It was not until 1969-1971 that governments started to force watchmakers to drop the waterproof claim unless it was really water proof. The watchmakers then called it water resistant.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Hi!

I also got "Lawrence" watch, but months ago when I was searching, I also couldn't find anything about it.
I have few watches with automatic PUW movement, but this Lawrence is mechanical, and movement is unknown to me (I didn't have time to deal with it more).

Here are some pictures of it (they aren't of best quality) :

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

Wheel Auto part Automotive wheel system Rim Spoke

Metal Iron Copper Bronze

Regards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.