WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone.
This is my first posting on WUS and I was hoping that I can get some information.I have a Le Cheminant with a high beat automatic movement by Nivada, 50 atms. I really need to know more about this watch, the movement and the company Le Cheminant.It is an incredible watch, with a very thick case, wind down crown. I have it on a NATO strap and it looks this part.
Sorry, my photos do not match the wonderful ones on this site and yes, it really does need a new bezel!!. I had a friend in Britanny search for one but no luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
844 Posts
Congratulations on your find!

This case is outstanding!

Case, bezel (minus insert) and hands are the same as the more commom Scubapro 500 cushion case.
The case is probably a M.R.P. S.A. swiss made one. The Nivada movement might be an ETA based one. The Le Cheminant might be a contract watch for all I know, since it shares the casing parts and hands with other models and the movement is an outsourced one.

This watch is worth your investment in order to have it nicely restored, IMO.

Once again, congratulations!

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Very cool, dig that case back! b-)
Here's a link to a site that has some info on Le Cheminant watches, some Jenny and at least one EPSA cased too:

Le Cheminant Watches

The site owner might like to add pics of your watch, I don't see one there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.
I will open the watch up later and photo the movement.
I have seen that Le Cheminant website, nice pictures, nice bit of Le Cheminant history but no real information. I offered the watch photo to the site but received no reply

I really need a bezel!!!
Can anyone help here?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Beautiful watch! I would leave it as is... it has character. Looks like it has been to the bottom of the ocean and back, then in a few bar fights for good measure! Felicitations!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
I will open the watch up later and photo the movement.
I have seen that Le Cheminant website, nice pictures, nice bit of Le Cheminant history but no real information. I offered the watch photo to the site but received no reply

I really need a bezel!!!
Can anyone help here?
I am the person that runs the Le Cheminant website. Unfortunately when you offered photographs of the watch, you did so in the Guestbook and failed to leave an Email address so that I could reply to your post. The guestbook is the ideal place to get in contact with other Le Cheminant owners providing you leave an Email address. There is also a facility to leave photographs of your watch within the guestbook. I would love owners, particularly those, who have had a watch refurbished to show before and after shots, as well as details where the work was carried out. Sorry I have not replied but just found this site and some references to Le Cheminant watches.

Roy ([email protected])

1 - 9 of 9 Posts