WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have viewed many Seikos, Casios, Citizens, Pulsars and other brands, and like the thick markers filled with super luminova. Familar with Deep Blue which is pricey, Ball, Android Luminox etc. Curious about the opinions of fellow watch collectors who own or have seen these type of watches. Seiko Monster would be nice if over 42mm.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Just picked up a Seiko Frankenmonster which I think fits your requirements nicely.

Edit: added sample image

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Have viewed many Seikos, Casios, Citizens, Pulsars and other brands, and like the thick markers filled with super luminova. Familar with Deep Blue which is pricey, Ball, Android Luminox etc. Curious about the opinions of fellow watch collectors who own or have seen these type of watches. Seiko Monster would be nice if over 42mm.
If you can afford the T100 tubes, I highly recommend them.

Please see my lume comparison test here: https://www.watchuseek.com/f2/tritium-tubes-tgls-vs-conventional-lume-ultimate-test-535726.html

HTH

·
Ball Watch, Bremont and Longines moderator
11,594 Posts
Now given the choice I would take GTLS tube lume also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will wait to November when Android brings out their T-100, not sure if it will be Flat Tubes or not, but because of his pricing and quality it pays to wait to see them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I read reviews of inexpensive watches having the tubes come unglued. The Spork has Seiko legendary lume. In fact Seiko codeveloped of the lume technology that Luminova licenses. I don't know if you'll find quality worth owning that uses tubes cheaper than Deep Blue. You'll find cheaper just have my doubts about if it's worth owning.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like the Reactor Gamma, orange face, model 52011. I purchased from Kenmar, $550. It has only 6 H3 tubes, hour, minutes, and 12/3/6/9 hours. But, it is Titanium, it has good lume on hour markings and bezel, it is really sturdy. 45x14mm size. Bezel is great. 300m WR rating. Have had since 8/2011, very solid. Just wish it had H3 on the bezel! 10 year battery.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts