WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I picked up my black chrono colt on tuesday. I love having it on my wrist!!!. It actuallly looks large on my small wrists. Some of the other Bs look great but seem too big (im not one for large watches anyways). Anyways had the AD fit a brown leather strap with the release clasp. This looks awsome but I also love the look of the prof braclet, so I ordered this as well.

Now, she told me that its better to have them switch them, but since I plan to switch back and forth between the two, I want to do it myself. I have seen videos and have read the instructions too.

What are some of the thoughts out ther about doing it your self and do I need a special tool or can I get away with a small screwdriver or a feeler gouge (as used for sparkplugs) etc....???

thanks, pete

·
Registered
856 Posts
She most likely has seen some hack jobs done on the lugs and springbars ala Swiss Army knife maneuvers or worse and is trying to save you some grief. You can get a Bergeon springbar tool and do it yourself but practice on a junk watch before starting on your Breitling, not hard once you get the hang of it and a Breitling bracelet is as easy as any on the market to micro adjust or add and subtract links from. You might also use a little bit of electrical tape to insure the lugs don't get buggered up when you get to the job.

·
Pil-Mil, Breitling Forum Moderator
12,043 Posts
Hi, Pete. Always check our "Articles" section above the main forum...

What are some of the thoughts out ther about doing it your self and do I need a special tool or can I get away with a small screwdriver or a feeler gouge (as used for sparkplugs) etc....???
when you have questions about technical issues. Here is a post from that section regarding the topic... ;-) :-!
Cheers,
Ron

Link: https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=42640

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes you can do it yourself, but as recommended, practice on another watch you feel good working on. It is a good idea to get used to handling and working with the watch, the straps, lugs, screws, spring bars, etc.... In the beginning I did happen to have a few slips and accidental scratches on one of my watches. I am at the point where I see the value of buying a quality watch vise just to have a good platform to work on, but that's just me.

Definitely practice and you will see all the challenges you will face, all of which can be overcome and learned with practice.

·
Registered
449 Posts
It's quick and easy to have a watch pro swap bracelets/straps. I usually give the guy $5 to do it. Cheaper than messing up my watch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts