WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys!

I just pulled the trigger on a new Jazzmaster Viewmatic (White/silver dial) on the metal bracelet. It was a good deal but I would really prefer a black leather strap with a deployment clasp on it. I have never own an Hamilton before. Therefore, I don't know if the quality of their straps is good... I'm wondering if I should get an official Hamilton strap or just go for a Hirsch strap. (Or something in those lines)

As for the deployment clasp, I will try to get my hands on an official one. I think I found the good number for the 20mm strap needed. H640000152 (I don't know if someone can confirm that...)

This is quite silly, but i'm going for a 'Constantine watch' look. I always wanted the Oris that Keanu is wearing in the film but that model is OOP. (For a while now)
I think the Hamilton looks the part with a more modern twist.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I will try to post pictures as soon as I get it!

The said watch
91s03NbyhZL._UY606_.jpg

The look i'm going for (Don't worry, i'm not trying to copy his look haha. I'm just tired of the brown leather/white dial trend of today. I want something more dressy/traditional)
c32af7264937941ac3d6d2dc6ea2a7f8.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Not keen on the skinny hands and wonky numerals on the Oris. The Hammy OTOH is a classic with a lovely case and dial.

Hamilton straps are good quality, but expensive. Personally, I'd go with Hirsch, something like the Duke (or genuine croc if you're feeling flush) and swap the buckle for a deployment. Get two, one black, one mid brown. You'll be amazed how much a brown strap will make the watch 'pop' more than the black.

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, IWC Pilot Spitfire, Sinn EZM 10
5,024 Posts
Hamilton straps have always seemed to me to be the weak link in the package. And thank goodness! The Swatch resources were spent on making a beautiful watch and not an elaborate strap.
For this reason I would look to Hirsch and other high quality strap makers. I am not certain, however, if there is some "tolerance" for thickness with the Hamilton deployant. In other words, if your (Hirsch, etc.) strap is padded or thick, will it fit the deployant? Maybe others will chime in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not certain, however, if there is some "tolerance" for thickness with the Hamilton deployant. In other words, if your (Hirsch, etc.) strap is padded or thick, will it fit the deployant? Maybe others will chime in.
Great question. I thought about that too but was thinking that a 'croc' strap would be quite slim...I don't know about the Hirsch one.

Get two, one black, one mid brown. You'll be amazed how much a brown strap will make the watch 'pop' more than the black.
I might do that! That's a good point. Maybe a very dark brown might do the trick?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Great question. I thought about that too but was thinking that a 'croc' strap would be quite slim...I don't know about the Hirsch one.

I might do that! That's a good point. Maybe a very dark brown might do the trick?

Thank you!
Some before and after photos would be great. You have me thinking, I have a Jazzmaster Viewmatic (white dial) on a bracelet. It's not quite what I expected when I bought it and am somewhat underwhelmed. I really don't like the bracelet on it. My khaki officers on the other hand I love. So I might try a Hirsch black or brown leather strap on the Viewmatic and see if that lifts it for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Hamilton straps are good quality, but expensive. Personally, I'd go with Hirsch, something like the Duke (or genuine croc if you're feeling flush) and swap the buckle for a deployment. Get two, one black, one mid brown. You'll be amazed how much a brown strap will make the watch 'pop' more than the black.
Just looked up the Hirsch site and only the alligator finish option available in brown/black in 23mm width (for my Jazzmaster Viewmatic). What other brands would you recommend I look at, I would prefer a plain leather finish in the black or dark brown. TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just received the watch from discountshop.com. I know there is a new line of Hamilton with the 'h' caliber. Mine as an 'H' on the rotor and, on the back, instead of having the number h32515155 it says H325151. (although the tag that comes with it says h32515155) Is this legit? I can't find any pictures online for the jazzmaster viewmatic H caliber...

·
Registered
4,922 Posts
Can't launch the link, but the case has the shorter number because it could be used for more than one watch model. That's normal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts