WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you use if anything to keep your leather straps in tip top condition when either on your wrist or in storage, Any products specifically for watch staps or do you use normal leather creams and oils to feed the leather. Surely when you pay out good money for a stap you want it to last especially when some can cost a small fortune.

Nick.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i just got mine 2 weeks ago as well and paid quite a lot for it. and yes i'd like to know about it as well. I try not to let it touch water and wipe water off when it gets wet accidentally.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I think one of the best things to do, it use them on a deployant clasp. Using those, puts less strain and bend on the strap, on daily basis - making them last much longer. They also look nice, and are more practical to handle:-!

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
What do you use if anything to keep your leather straps in tip top condition when either on your wrist or in storage, Any products specifically for watch staps or do you use normal leather creams and oils to feed the leather. Surely when you pay out good money for a stap you want it to last especially when some can cost a small fortune.

Nick.
Hi Nick. Nothing on my alligator's. But on my shark I use ArmorAll. With a Q-tip. John Wilson.

·
Banned
6,599 Posts
Deployants work to keep the strap from creasing, but honestly in South Louisiana I haven't found anything that will keep a leather strap from smelling and getting sweat stained if worn daily in the summer. - David

·
Registered
663 Posts
I use Nik-Wax on the water-resistant ones. On others, I just accept that the typical leather strap, if worn daily, has about a six-month lifespan. Since I don't wear any of mine that regularly, I find they tend to last long enough for my liking.

Keeping a leather strap away from water is about the best thing you can do, unless the strap is of the water-resistant variety.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Shoe polish (wax) on the outside and you can keep or alter the color slightly at the same time. The exception would be if you have light colored stitching just use a neutral wax. Then use clear or neutral shoe wax on the inside to keep the salt of perspiration out. Here in the deep South its a good idea to go to a bracelet in the summertime.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts