• I can't decide either.

Votes: 3 33.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Castro vs Jack.

Castro is the darker "Oxblood" and Jack is the lighter brown one.

I like both. Which will look better on a Tangente with white/silver dial?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Both these straps seem a bit too rugged for the style of your Tangente.
Neither.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I like the color of the Castro but like others I do not think it fits the Nomos.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, both of those straps look great and compliment a field watch nicely - of which your Nomos is not.

Undoubtedly the Tangente would look great with a stap with some of the same elements as the ones in those straps (e.g. brown coulour, slightly grained surface, similar or little less thickness) but without some of the details (too bold stitching, pre-worn?) that turn those too much into military style.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
As others have said, Nomos watches are somewhat elegant and refined and are well-suited for straps that have the same characteristics. That doesn't mean that your Tangente will look bad on a more rugged strap, however. Personally, I think either of those straps you show would look fine; and would "toughen up" the look of the watch...in a good way.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I prefer the bottom one. No idea if that is darker or lighter, so don't know which it is. It is nicer though.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So finally I received the straps. It took a while. The leather is surprisingly soft considering how thick the strap is. Bas and Lokes made the straps to my specific request on the lengths, the exact distance of the middle hole from the lug, and etc. Therefore, the fit is perfect. The light brown leather brings out the beige from the dial and the watch looks a lot more casual than with the OEM black strap. One complaint is how thick where the floating loop is. The two straps overlap and that's 8mm and the floating loop which measures 2mmx 2 add to the thickness for the grand total thickness of 12mm.
The workmanship, quality and feel of the material are outstanding.
Sadly, however, I have to agree that these straps do not suit the NOMOS look. It is too tough looking.
The straps are not returnable since they are custom made. So if you have a watch with 18mm lug width and have a wrist size small to medium, maybe we can work out a deal. ;-)

]

j]
]

]

]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts