WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got my new X-Lander military (will post pics tomorrow)
and was wondering where is best place to get the leather strap for it
all help would be appreciated
thanks

·
Registered
493 Posts
Are you looking for only the Suunto leather strap?
The X-Lander has curved 22mm spring bars and will take most 22mm straps. I recently saw a well used one for sale with a really heavy duty Delurian strap that looks awesome!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Are you looking for only the Suunto leather strap?
The X-Lander has curved 22mm spring bars and will take most 22mm straps. I recently saw a well used one for sale with a really heavy duty Delurian strap that looks awesome!
Yep, it was my old watch. I am surprised it hasn't sold yet. The seller is top notch and I paid what he's asking for the strap by itself.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my X-Lander yesterday and wore it for a couple of hours and it's just not doing anything for me
I love all the functions and how they work but it just doesn't feel good on my wrist and the negative display isn't working with my eyes and I'm not "bonding" with it, which is why I thought a strap change may help me but I think I'm ready to sell it after only wearing it for a couple of hours
I have a TSAR coming next week and I know I will be wearing it instead on my X-Lander, which will probably end up gathering dust and probably only get worn once in a while
I feel like a "shmuck" for not liking it as everyone who has one loves it

Thanks for listening

·
Registered
14,018 Posts
As is often said on another forum I frequent... OBEY YOUR WRIST!

If you dont dig it, then you dont dig it!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I apoligize if it sounds like a sales pitch in my previous rant
I realize that this is not the forum for this
I'm just dissapointed that I haven't taken to this watch like I thought I would as I really like ABC watches and have previously owned a PRG-80 and a PAW1300
my apoligies again

·
Registered
94 Posts
No worries 13, sometimes this happens, different strokes for different folks. Let us know what you get in it's place. Make sure your new selection will be able to have leather strap options too ; ^ )

Post pics too...

·
Registered
493 Posts
I had the strap in a watch box prior to buying the watch and I can't recall the exact place I bought it.
Panatime do it. :-!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't suppose anyone has a picture of the Suunto leather strap on their X-Lander?
Where is best place to order one?
I was even thinking of a kevler or carbon fibre strap as I really like the look of them, any suggestions where to get a good quality one?
I guess I'm thinking about keeping it
Thanks for everyone's help here

·
Registered
493 Posts
I'd suggest having a look at the 22mm straps on Panatime as a starting point, they have leather, Kevlar & Carbon look ones that aren't too expensive. You should try it on a Zulu or Nato strap as well as they really suit the X-Lander.
Just make sure you tape the lugs when switching straps as scratches will show on the black case.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I kind of understand not taking to the X-lander military right off the bat.

My first Suunto was a Vector. It seemed kinda blah at first, very blah., especially with the rubber strap... but it really really grew on me......after I got the Nylon strap kit......way different feel, super comfy, and being a hunk of plastic and cheap nylon, I got alot of nice comments....just a blended well, and on the wrist, looked great.

Then got an Altimax.....same thing. Until after I changed to a Nylon band, then I loved it.

Next was an S-lander (X-lander with a compass). With the stock band, it looked AWFUL in my opinion. But then I changed the strapto a black leather white stitched , riveted bund, golden. I still think it is one of the most impressive looking Suuntos I have seen to date fo all Landers.

Then I got a the X-lander military, that came with a rubber strap. The best way to describe it is, it didn't speak to me. Just a black watch. Stock, its a great looking watch. But from all the nice web pics, I think expectations get too high. The regular X-landers's dial seemed more impressive. Even after changing straps, still just too black stealthy. But after a few weeks, with a shell cordovan strap (cheapie), it grows on you. My main daily watch.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I put myself out of my misery
There was a WTB for a X-Lander Military and I sold the watch
I'm not saying I won't buy another Suunto but I will probably wait until they do some updating of their designs and maybe they will start making them smaller and slimmer
Thanks for everyone's advice and patience

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm not saying I won't buy another Suunto but I will probably wait until they do some updating of their designs and maybe they will start making them smaller and slimmer
If they start making them smaller and slimmer, I wont buy anymore!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts