WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
241 - 260 of 8744 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
So the story goes that this is reindeer leather from a shipwreck 200 years ago. The hides were found at the bottom of the sea fully preserved in deep mud. So a fitting strap for a dive watch I guess.
Yeah, Micah laughed at me when I asked about water resistance of this leather. Apparently, it was in huge rolls, so only the outer couple of layers were wet, the inner hides were dry even after all that time.

I love mine and just switched the Ploprof back to it since it's cooling down.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
So the story goes that this is reindeer leather from a shipwreck 200 years ago. The hides were found at the bottom of the sea fully preserved in deep mud. So a fitting strap for a dive watch I guess.

View attachment 511909
Yeah, Micah laughed at me when I asked about water resistance of this leather. Apparently, it was in huge rolls, so only the outer couple of layers were wet, the inner hides were dry even after all that time.

Well, that's a story that should go over well at the Tiki bar after a dive. ;-) 200 years? :-s If only the outer rolls were wet, I guess that means we don't have confirmation that these straps are water proof. :think: Nonetheless, very cool. (Story and straps.) b-)|>

·
Registered
114 Posts
Whoa! What deployant clasp is that; the Omega? That's a really great look.

·
Registered
21,068 Posts
My Helson Shark Diver on a Hirsch Liberty:

I originally bought that strap for my Hamilton Sunset, but put it on the Shark Diver as I couldn't deal with the stock strap's buckle. I hate these huge Panerai style buckles, they're so ....ing uncomfortable. I'm eventually going to get another Liberty (probably in a different color) so I can have one on both watches.

Reactions: Pilot2
241 - 260 of 8744 Posts