WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently fit a black OEM Omega strap to my Deville power reserve (the original was a very dark brown)
However despite the AD assuring me it was the same strap apart from colour and that it was the correct part No. etc it just doesn't fit like the brown one!
The brown one is like the watch new has not been worn anywhere near enough to have "stretched" if indeed they do stretch?
Why then, when set on the same hole does the black feel too tight when the brown feels just right? If I set the black to the next hole it's too loose and the watch keeps slipping around the outside of my wrist!
Could the holes be punched slightly different?
It's not as if the strap was an after market version, it's an Omega and apart from colour the same size as the brown!
Anyone else ever had this and can anything be done to stretch a strap or is it possible to have another hole punched between the existing holes without compromising the straps strength or causing a tear between the existing holes?
Ta.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
The strap will stretch after you wear it for a couple of days.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It might not be stretch but how it conforms to the curvature of your wrist. I usually take awhile for the strap to match the curve of your wrist. It is probably taking to wide of a curve in some areas which make it feel tight. give it a chance to relax and conform.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
It might not be stretch but how it conforms to the curvature of your wrist. I usually take awhile for the strap to match the curve of your wrist. It is probably taking to wide of a curve in some areas which make it feel tight. give it a chance to relax and conform.

Good Luck!
Exactly!

And if you are in a hurry then you can 'curl' the new strap a bit.
With the watch off your wrist, tie the strap the way you would. Then crush it a bit. I know that sounds a little crude, but it curves the strap up just right. It helps if you can roll the circle (watch and strap tied) between your palms.

Will not just make it conform to your wrist like the old one but will also feel softer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts