WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I took advantage of the new Speedmaster announcement last week and picked up a pair of the previous Hesalite and Sapphire Speedmaster Pros for a great price. Can't stand the bracelets they came with and am looking for some leather strap recommendations. Something brown or tan, possibly distressed, casual, and is able to be used with a quick clasp. Would love to see what you guys are rocking out there and which I should be looking at.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Brown, suede strap from Alelier DeGriff;

20210103_150136.jpg

20210103_150204.jpg

René

·
Registered
583 Posts
For something that'll taper to Omega's OEM clasp, most common I've seen is Delugs. Some colarebs taper 20-16, too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been a hirsch straps customer for 4 years now. Happy with their offerings. Give them a look
Thanks. There's a couple I'm seeing there that I could like.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For something that'll taper to Omega's OEM clasp, most common I've seen is Delugs. Some colarebs taper 20-16, too.
It's not a necessity that they work with the OEM clasp, but I don't mind it either. Is the OEM clasp one of the quick clasps or traditional?
I'm seeing a couple from Delugs that are catching my attention.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I got this from WatchGecko last year... it tapers down to 16mm and I fitted OEM buckle to it. I know some don't like that taper but I think it works well. And being a shorter length is a bonus for a small wrist. Really pleased with it!
I actually enjoy the taper quite a bit. It's not a necessity for me, but I do like the look of it. That WatchGecko looks absolutely great. Very close to what I was looking for. I seem to be having a difficult time finding it on their site. Could you help point me to it?

Edit: Looks like it could potentially be this one?

Edit2: Ok, I'm really liking that strap. I'm thinking one of those with this or this clasp.

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
I definitely like that style of strap. The color is great too. I don't think I'm a fan of the suede, but I will check out some of their other offerings. Thank you!
If you're not fond of the suede then have a look at the DeGriff Antique Brown;

20191001_082354.jpg

20200908_091456.jpg

René

·
Registered
9 Posts
It was the ’Vintage Winchester’. Nice thickness and the quick release is great when changing this strap monster.

Or the longer length ones without the quick release here...

Not sure it would work with a deployant clasp for these particular straps... you would need to ask Watch Gecko.

I actually enjoy the taper quite a bit. It's not a necessity for me, but I do like the look of it. That WatchGecko looks absolutely great. Very close to what I was looking for. I seem to be having a difficult time finding it on their site. Could you help point me to it?

Edit: Looks like it could potentially be this one?

Edit2: Ok, I'm really liking that strap. I'm thinking one of those with this or this clasp.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I really like whatever ones you can utilize Omega's deployant clasp with. I don't have any experience with them yet, but if/when I do need a strap for a watch, that is the route I will go.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello all. I took advantage of the new Speedmaster announcement last week and picked up a pair of the previous Hesalite and Sapphire Speedmaster Pros for a great price. Can't stand the bracelets they came with and am looking for some leather strap recommendations. Something brown or tan, possibly distressed, casual, and is able to be used with a quick clasp. Would love to see what you guys are rocking out there and which I should be looking at.

Thanks!
Try this one from watchbandit... I don’t have it but they look cool on the speedy...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts