WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Just picked up a new watch from eBay, but it seems the previous owner was a heavy smoker – the leather strap stinks!
Before you say it: no, I don't want to change the strap because I like it. Salvaging it is my goal.

So, what can I do? Any tips or tricks to get the smokey smell out of my LEATHER strap?

Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I had a similar issue. I wrapped the strap in the dryer sheet and threw it in a box for a few days. Didn't smell like smoke too much, but it did smell like dryer sheets, so experiment however much you would like. May check on it every day.

·
Premium Member
3,028 Posts
I've had success putting a strap in a small container with baking soda (not in contact with the strap) for a few days. It should help to absorb the odor away.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
you could also try bagging it with ground coffee or get one of those odor removing tubs from a hardware store.
It will probably need to be done a few times with fresh grinds or whatever you use.
Maybe just shove it in a bag full of leather scraps.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
I once inherited a furniture which had that smell, I put in a few cups of vinegar in the drawers! Did the trick! So put it in a box or a bag or something and that should absorb the smell

/insert clever or funny note here\

1 - 10 of 10 Posts