WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm new here... I recently bought a Victorinox classic chrono watch with a black leather strap. After the first day of use I noticed the inner part of the strap was "stained" with my perspiration and thought the stain would go away after the strap would dry. That didn't happen (see attached photos).
Does this ever happened to anyone? Any advice you could provide regarding how to remove the stain or taking care of the strap?
Thank you.

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,070 Posts
With that type of nubuck lining leather, the stain will not go away. You can use leather cleaner and conditioner, but it will likely turn the entire underside of the strap that same darker shade. It will not hurt the strap.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I would occasionally use a little saddle soap and water to clean and remove salts and body oils from perspiration. Following that you could apply one of the leather conditioners, I have applied a little water proofing conditioner such as mink oil after that has all dried to repel moisture. Let it soak in and dry for a day or so and wipe off any excess.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts