WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ha, before you think this is just another "Off Topic" thread...think again :-d.

What is this all about :-s.

This past Friday/Saturday LeBron James hosted his "Kings Triathalon" as a prelude to his "King for Kids Bikeathon". Here's the story if you want to read more.

Now, the important question: what G Shock is he wearing? That's right, he definately had G Shock on...for the entire event. That's a pretty big name with lots of publicity to be wearing a G. :-!

Here's the photos:

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great job Joakim! That is a cool model he's wearing. And the color scheme would match his outfit quite well. You must be right about it :-!.

I don't follow sports, but he is quite active with his charity in Akron, specifically the area which he grew up in (no Silver Spoon for this guy growing up).

Funny thing is, after I looked at the pictures again, I realized his shirt is the area code for Akron, Ohio's phone numbers (330-XXX-XXXX).

·
Registered
181 Posts
We are all witnesses.
Of one nice G-Shock!
I saw him on I-77 (runs from Cleveland to Akron) recently his white benz has the license plate "KNG OF AK"

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Have you bought anything from Yahoo in Japan? Do they ship in Europe? I can't understand nothing..:think:
is it a japan only release. anybody know what the price is this would look cool next to the yellow fifa :)

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Don't forget though, that 250lbs isn't heavy for someone who's 6'8". He's almost 'skinny.'
This is true. I'm 6'4" and also have slim wrists. It's common for us tallys because an elongated forearm means the muscle is longer and much thinner towards the wrist end as compared to shorter blokes.

Long limbs also make you look thinner than you are as well. The white model on dark skin would only accentuate that. Who cares though...big looking watches are manly. :-d

·
Registered
6,195 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
does King James bought the watch or endorsed? great to see the king wear a G :-!

·
Registered
6,195 Posts

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You have this one on e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LRG-X-CASIO-G-S...ryZ31387QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

But it aint cheap at $310 but I think it would cost even more to order it from Japan.
Very true. To get items from yahoo japan (when living in another country) you must use a broker service. You fund an account, they use your funds to buy the watch and get it to them, then they ship it to you. You will pay many bank fees, shipping fees, and commissions.

Basically, take the yahoo japan price, and add about 30-40% to get the total.

Expensive, but sometimes it's the only way to get a particular model. Or get a model earlier than the global release.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts