Which wrist ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which wrist do you wear your G-shock on ?
Does it matter ?
Are pens and mice a problem ?
Are G-shock buttons part of the question ?
Is the shape of the watch important ?
It's a wristwatch but which wrist ? ;-)

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
I'm a right handed hence my right hand is more "developed" than left hand. I tried just for kick to wear it on right hand but right hand is bigger and mostly used hence it changes "diametar" when it's on right hand. Also for all of us right handed folks it's not "natural" to press buttons on the left hand.

So I gave up on g-shock on right hand and I wear it on left hand.

Other than that no issues. I did discover that metal bands contain "desk diver" damages less when it's on right hand. Reason is in the mouse, right hand more often than not rests on the mouse so metal clasp sustains less damage.

It was a fun thing to try and I recommend it to everyone.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Standard right handed left wrist, unless I just bought a new watch locally--then I double strap!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I am right handed and wear my G on my left hand most of the time. When I wear my Garmin Forerunner 305 I wear it on my left wrist this bumps the G to the right wrist.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I'm left handed and wear a watch on the left wrist. Some watches with a large crown at the 3:00 position are a bit uncomfortable, but nothing I can't handle. When I was in junior high, I had 2 watches-Casio digital and Timex manual wind- and sometimes I would wear one on each wrist. I don't put the paper sideways and hold a pen strange like other left handers. With spiral notebooks I write on the back side so the spiral is to my right and out of the way. I use my right hand to operate a mouse and cut with scissors. I also use my right hand to operate buttons on a TV or stereo.

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Right handed,right wrist! Once I tried it on my left...in less then a minute it was back on my right...felt creepy! John Wilson.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
right handed, left wrist for me. I tried to wear a watch on the right wrist, felt totaly strange and uncomfortable.

my girlfriend however, is also right handed and wears her watches on the right wrist. but not only that, she also wears them on the inside of her wrist.

regards, holger

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,569 Posts
my girlfriend however, is also right handed and wears her watches on the right wrist. but not only that, she also wears them on the inside of her wrist.
Hi Holger,

You've got a weird girlfriend:-d, just joking... It's always better than my girlfrind who hardly ever wears a watcho|o|o|o|o|

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
237 Posts
Righty / Lefty ?

I'm just getting into this obsession, er I mean......

While my budget is small, I truly enjoy looking and reading things in this forum and I'm getting my 11 year old daughter into watches, accuracy, ect. She's left handed and wears her leather strapped Timex on her right hand probably because I told her to, although I don't remember. I'm right handed and I've ALWAYS worn my watch on my left, although I don't REMEMBER anyone telling me to.

So anyhow, this morning we're watchin the NASA channel waiting for info about Discoverys final landing and see a guy in front of a computer with a nice looking gold watch on his right hand and I say "Look, he's left handed, his watch is on his right" and she does what kids do........

"Daddy, how come.................?"

So I wonder. Do any of you go against the grain, leftys with the watch on the left, or vise versa?

When did this unspoken law begin?

:think:

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Re: Righty / Lefty ?

UltraRightie, in more ways that the hand.
Watches live on the Left, as they should, the unreliable bas***ds.....

I am not sure, but I have a faint memory of seeing photos where a PW is worn on the left side. Might be wrong.

·
Premium Member
7,568 Posts
My dad got got me a watch and said "No, son, the other hand." Left wrist it is.

I have tried the right wrist, but that seems to double the weight of the watch. And it gets in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
317 Posts

I am left handed, and almost always wear my watches on my left wrist. I sometimes try them on the right wrist, but it either feels awfully uncomfortable (esp. with bracelets), or gets banged up too much over there. I suppose that's because my right arm isn't as deft as my left is when it comes to avoiding hitting things with my watch.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Another lefty here. Dress watches go on the right, thicker/sporty on the left. I was taught to always wear on the right so I would reduce wear on the bracelet while writing. Somehow I decided I like the heavier watches on my dominant hand, worn whenever I'm not planning to write very much. Of course no one really writes as much as they type these days, but that's the habit I've grown used to.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I'm left handed and wear it on my left. Growing up, there wasn't a whole lot of attention to what "hand" I was so I learned most things right handed (holding a bat, shooting, etc). I use my left hand for more dexterous things like writing. I'm sure I'm not the only one like this.
:-! (left handed thumbs up for good measure)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts

I'm right handed and started out with watches on my left wrist.
However, I had a cycling accident about age 12/13 and had my left arm in a sling for a while, so wore my watch on my right hand.
I'm now in my 40's and it's been there ever since.
The left wrist feels wrong nowadays.

Strangely my wife is also right handed and wears her watch on her right wrist!
She's no idea why... she just always has done.
For some bizarre reason she is one of those people that wears watches with the face on the inside of her wrist.

·
Registered
342 Posts

Count me in. I'm also left-handed and only wear them on my left.

·
Registered
686 Posts

Left handed writer........right handed WIS :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts