WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which would you choose and why? I am kinda torn between the 2. I like the date function on a watch and I really don't think it screws with the dial too much. However, I think the no date dial is just super clean and looks nice and vintage.

If you had a choice which would you choose.

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I chose the date, the LLD is a keeper for me, I need the practicality of a date (it's just the way i am)
The purists will say no date, being true to the original. Go with your first instinct!

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I chose the date, the LLD is a keeper for me, I need the practicality of a date (it's just the way i am)
The purists will say no date, being true to the original. Go with your first instinct!

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I went with no date since it came out years ago and never look back. I did eventually checked out date version in person.

However, like the other has said, get what speak to you the most. If you have yet done so, go any AD B&M store to see and put it on your wrist in person.

Good luck

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do love the dial, which is one of the reasons I am thinking of no date. I wish I had the cash to grab both. This would solve my dilema.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I know lots of folks can't live without a date function, but I'm completely at the other end of the spectrum. I tried on the LLD w/ date, and I almost went for it when my dealer told me it might be 3-4 months before he could get a no-date. I held out, got my no-date in 3 months, and I've never regretted it. I doubt that I'll ever get another watch with a date--which is why I'm hopeful that the Expéditions Polaires Françaises Missions Paul-Emile Victor is eventually released no-date.

·
Registered
150 Posts
As you may have seen from my thread on buying two Longines last week, I went for the no-date version.
However, the dealer had made an interesting display; he had put a no-date and a date beside eachother. And when purchasing, I had the opportunity to really compare them.
To me, supported by the ad, there was no doubt. The no-date was clarely more balansed in design!
And also, by studying pictures of an original model from 1965, the no-date not only resembles, but is the spitting image of its predesessor.

I couldn't be more happy with my choice!:-!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts