1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
The S has had different shapes and wasn't specific to certain years or even models as far as I know.

That looks good - the words 'Seamaster' and 'DeVille' were used together from '63 to '67, and the serial number on the movement is for '63 so that checks out. The case is a correct reference for a 562 also. I'm not 100% sure the crown is original though, but the fonts are correct and the applied metal Ω logo and the word OMEGA are correct.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both very much
I am not sure if its better to get one like this and pay to restore it
or find one thats in great shape

Ps are their any books I can get to help in my education

·
Registered
18,166 Posts
It is usually worth a premium to buy in good condition...

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
I had a look at it before reading the other guys comments, and it looks legit to my eyes, but a tad scratched up on the back!!

A good watchmaker will get that looking pretty good, but I reckon the price will go up a reasonably amount more before bidding ends, so have a look at some others for comparison!!

With Omega, you've picked a nice brand, but one that tends to get get frenzied bidding on, and thus high prices, plus, there are a LOT of dodgy one's about, so don't jump into anything without checking it out properly first!!

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
A good watchmaker will get that looking pretty good, but I reckon the price will go up a reasonably amount more before bidding ends, so have a look at some others for comparison!!
I agree. I'd try to get this one and get it restored. Would work out a lot cheaper than finding a pristine one.
Yep, I'll concur with these statements. The #1 thing I look for is dial condition, and that one looks to be in good shape. A polish of the crystal will make it look much better. Without seeing the watch in person it's hard to say how well the case will come up but gold is very workable so you should be okay. I'd expect any 18K Omega Seamaster to sell for over $1000 though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts