WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm thinking of buying this aftermarket steel bracelet for my Tudor BB58 after being unable to order at my local AD. Would love to know has anyone actually ordered from this website?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good question, also very interested to hear if someone here has bought it. Just ordered one, have seen some good reviews around on the web. Quite excited to get it and assess it, it’s not a big loss if it doesn’t play out well. Going to take a while since they will have it back in stock mid June….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,628 Posts
Hey guys,
I'm thinking of buying this aftermarket steel bracelet for my Tudor BB58 after being unable to order at my local AD. Would love to know has anyone actually ordered from this website?

Looks to me they come from a fake Tudor factory, missing the engraving and trademarks. Still borderline.

Though the quality of these fake/copy bracelets are very good.

Reactions: mujahid7ia

·
Registered
495 Posts
Id be interested in checking out a nice aftermarket steel bracelet without the rivets etc.

Really though just a divers extension would be nice.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey guys,

I was just gifted a BB58 navy blue :)

Has anyone tried ordering one of these yet? It seems to be based in Australia so I would like to avoid trying to send it back from the US if it ends up being of low quality.

·
Registered
Lately: Omega Seamaster Professional Divers 300
3,868 Posts
I have a different viewpiont on this that may be unpopular to some. Being I would think a little older than most, I have memories of clone watches being of a much lower quality than the originals. As a young adult I bought one in Thailand. After a few months one of the indices fell off. That was my first and last experience with clone watches. Currently I have a dozen or so watches that have raised in quality and price over the years. I also have over one hundred straps and swap these out a lot. Most of these straps are not OEM. Many are better than the OEM. Some are crap. You learn what is good and what is not. I have great respect for watches and the quality products available to us but straps are not difficult to make (generally extremely overpriced) and provide individuality to pieces we wear. For those that would wear nothing but OEM, good luck to you. I have no problem with other makers straps. In many cases they take care of, "I'd like it more if..." scenarios.

In a watch price I'm paying for quality (not always though)

With a watch strap, sometimes it's quality, sometimes it only because it has the watch that makes the sale.

With independent straps, they fail or succeed only in the quality of the product they produce.

You have more chance at failure and I've had a few of these but there are also gems.

Guys, in the end, they're just straps. Every watch company that uses them is generally using a strap that someone else has used before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: TheBigBurrito

·
Registered
281 Posts
I just noticed that the same people seem to be selling their bracelet on eBay: Tudor Black Bay Fifty-Eight 20mm Stainless Steel HOMAGE Bracelet BB58 PREORDER. | eBay
One nice thing is that you may be able to send an offer and get a better price than on their 58straps.com site. It would also be better buyer protection though eBay/PayPal than ordering on their site.

One important point mentioned there: "The BB58 Blue has a slightly different hue to the steel. Whilst this bracelet will fit, there might be a slight colour mismatch with the BB58 blue." For that reason, I probably won't be risking an order of one of these.

·
Premium Member
29,660 Posts
One important point mentioned there: "The BB58 Blue has a slightly different hue to the steel. Whilst this bracelet will fit, there might be a slight colour mismatch with the BB58 blue." For that reason, I probably won't be risking an order of one of these.
^^^ this.

Most of the time, third party companies manufacturing “homage” bracelets or copies whichever way you see it, can’t get the right metal / alloy composition and so there are variances on tonality.

If one is not fussy, then anything will do. Then again, because original equipment watches and parts are made to very tight tolerances, one may find some homage/copies will not fit well - end links to case.

Of course, if cheap is what one is after, then there is always $30 option from Ali-Express....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys,

Has anyone bought one of these? Considering. AD quoting like 850

·
Registered
291 Posts
I would like to know as well. There's a vendor on AliXpress that I've bought quality bracelet straps from in the past who say they are in the process of producing a replacement for the BB58, but had no ETA for when it'd be available...

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
^^^ this.

Most of the time, third party companies manufacturing “homage” bracelets or copies whichever way you see it, can’t get the right metal / alloy composition and so there are variances on tonality.

If one is not fussy, then anything will do. Then again, because original equipment watches and parts are made to very tight tolerances, one may find some homage/copies will not fit well - end links to case.

Of course, if cheap is what one is after, then there is always $30 option from Ali-Express....
This is correct. However it is also correct that pieces of very high quality can also be found if you put in the time. OEM provides consistency at a high price. There isn't much in the way of horological knowledge and value in a bracelet or strap. Evidenced by the huge third party market of strap and bracelet community. The third party option is just more difficult to traverse, but there are true gems there at a fraction of the price. As for these particular pieces, I haven't really looked at them but I'm tempted by the deployant so I can have my strap the "right" way around without have Tudor upside down.

Reactions: BundyBear

·
Premium Member
29,660 Posts
This is correct. However it is also correct that pieces of very high quality can also be found if you put in the time. OEM provides consistency at a high price. There isn't much in the way of horological knowledge and value in a bracelet or strap. Evidenced by the huge third party market of strap and bracelet community. The third party option is just more difficult to traverse, but there are true gems there at a fraction of the price. As for these particular pieces, I haven't really looked at them but I'm tempted by the deployant so I can have my strap the "right" way around without have Tudor upside down.

Ah yes, I remembered you mentioning about how you had to turn your clasp round. Tell us how it went in your search for a new clasp.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Ah yes, I remembered you mentioning about how you had to turn your clasp round. Tell us how it went in your search for a new clasp.
Just ordered one. Express post same country so I'll let you know in a couple of days. Will post comparison to OEM.

Reactions: BundyBear

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Not impressed. Deployant came today and it has Tudor written on it. So it's a clone and an imposter! I bought thinking it was generic.

Not happy. Already own an OEM Tudor clasp. Now I own a clone as well. It will suffice until Artem bring out their new deployant in 18mm.

Reactions: mujahid7ia

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Hey guys,

Straight out clones complete with Tudor branding.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts