WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get some professional opinions on how hard would it be to restore this Lemania. I know this model is fairly rare but not sure if it is rare enough to be restored.

The dial looks refinished to me and needs to be restored. Need advise on who can get it done. Preferably local in New York area.
Stem and crown shouldn't be much of an issue as well as servicing movement.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,673 Posts
If you are looking to re-sell it, then you can probably get a better re-dial done and pass it on. However, if you are a collector, you might consider holding onto it as a parts watch, or in the hope that you can find an orphaned dial. I don't think I have ever seen a re-dial of a triple-date that I found satisfactory and I think it might just be an exercise in frustration and wasted money.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are looking to re-sell it, then you can probably get a better re-dial done and pass it on. However, if you are a collector, you might consider holding onto it as a parts watch, or in the hope that you can find an orphaned dial. I don't think I have ever seen a re-dial of a triple-date that I found satisfactory and I think it might just be an exercise in frustration and wasted money.
Seriously doubt that I could find original dial for this model. I don't even see any complete watches for sale except one with totally insane price. I'm thinking to overhaul movement and just wear the way it is. After all this is not the most horrible re dial I've seen.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
619 Posts
For some reason I find it charming when a redial looks like it was actually done by hand, someone took a lot of time to do it as best as they could.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm not sure what you mean by, 'this dial looks refinished and needs to be restored'.
After it gets restored, it will still be a refinished dial.
That is not desirable imo.

I'd skip this one, but i'm all for originality. Not everyone is the same ofcourse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts