WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been meaning to post this for some time....and finally today (rain day) had a chance to take some pic's of my Lemania 5100 Chronos (as well as a couple of vintage Heuers)....

Hoping to see yours!:roll::p

Attachments

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
One of my all time favorite movements.

Reactions: longstride

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
As a dive chrono, there are very few, maybe the EZM1. I've owned a bunch of them in the early years, by Lemania, Sinn (including Kobold and Bell Ross versions), Tutima, Omega, Artos, Orfina.
Here's a good article on them by Chuck Maddox:
Chuck Maddox

·
Registered
215 Posts
Excellent collection!! .. :p:p:p:p .. Wish I have the funds to get some of these all time greats!! :-d:-d:-|

Wear it in good health!!

Cheers

·
Registered
825 Posts

Only one 'diver', but, near-to-far -
Heuer 510.501 Lemania 5100
South African Air Force issued Lemania 5012
Sinn EZM1 LE Lemania 5100 - (Diver, but count-down bezel and no running seconds...)
Tissot Navigator Lemania 1343

Variations of the Lemania movement include classic divers which use the centre minute hand to give a great time indication; perhaps the most coherent way to display dive time.

Omega 120C from the early 1970's, Omega cal. 1040 derived from the Lemania 1341:

(Courtesy dickstar1977/TZUK )

And Lemanias own 1000, similar to the Benthos:

(Courtesy Vic/TZUK)

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOW!!!!!

Andy_S....incredible- superb BIG BLUE and I have never seen a Lemania 1000 before.....absolutely stunning!!!!

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Fantastic Lemania (first one shown) Chronomeister, very nice to see the Omega too - same case as the Heuer Carrera and SAAF / Lemania GMT I think, (both reworked slightly for the bezel though.)

That's a great 156 first gen. ferro01, I'd thought they were 5100 with a deleted 24hr although I know there were day/date 5012s, so thanks for that info. Been looking for one of these for a while, I guess we all like the variety offered by these great watches!

EZM4, EZM1, 156 1st gen., pure Lemania, Omega 1040(?); all variations. Then the full Monty Fortis and Tutima - great stuff guys - cheers.

My 5012:

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Andy:

Those are super ....I especially like the black dial and the last white dial one!

Thanks for posting....Navigator now added to my Lemania want list!

Cheers,
Greg

·
Banned
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Finally found a Tissot Navigator Lemania 1341 Chronograph! A magnificent vintage Yachting Version beast- 43mm without the crown!:-!:-!:-!

I believe these Yachting models were one of the later 1980's versions as the case size is larger than most of the Navigator models....

Still looking for a single subdial model....let me know if you have one you would like to sell- Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 110 Posts