WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 60 of 110 Posts
Here's what I wrote about the bezel in another place:

"I've always felt that at some stage I 'had' to get a Tutima, they are, after all, driven by the 5100 and have added to that movements story by being used in the BUND watches since 1983. I've sort of delayed this as even though I liked what they had done to the crown/pushers, I remained to be convinced about the percieved size and stature of the watch - to be honest it didn't look like it would be a favourite. BUT - a lot of this is off-set by the bezel I think, a crucial addition over the Commando II civilian version both in this sense and from a practicality point of view. I use mine - both chrono and bezel - fairly regularly, it's one of the things that makes a watch 'come alive', (one of the reasons that nearly all my watches are at least chronographs), and be a useful timing tool rather than just telling the time of day.

So the bezel offsets what I thought would be quite a bulky watch; which in fact itisn't that bad anyway, but the rise from lugs to crystal now has a purpose in housing and protecting the bezel. Another aspect i wasn't sure about was the 'flower petal' design of the bezel grip, however once again I'd judged too quickly as it works a treat and looks much better in 3 dimensions than 2. A last point being the minute hashes extending all the way around the bezel, in proper 'mission timer' style. Spot on."

All three are great watches, but I'd like to point out that they are all powered by a Lemania calibre 1340/1341 (a.k.a. calibre 1040 at Omega), which is the ancestor of the 5100.

Also, the second watch is NOT a "Jedi", though it is a common mistake. Given how many people make it, you could say at a stretch that it is an "automatic Jedi", because the true "Jedi" was the manual chronograph ref. 145.024, pictured below:

All three are great watches, but I'd like to point out that they are all powered by a Lemania calibre 1340/1341 (a.k.a. calibre 1040 at Omega), which is the ancestor of the 5100.

Also, the second watch is NOT a "Jedi", though it is a common mistake. Given how many people make it, you could say at a stretch that it is an "automatic Jedi", because the true "Jedi" was the manual chronograph ref. 145.024, pictured below:

;-):-!

Speedmaster 1045/Lemania 5100

Speedmaster Holy Grail, or Speedmaster Maddox;-):-!

By Orfina

Cheers/Namaste from Brazil

Douglas Gravina

Yeah I know it is not Lemania 5100 but since this post is in Diver Forum I find a bit strange to post Pilot watches. Here is for my Tutima Nato Chronograph with this movement. AFAIK there is no true Diver with Lemania 5100 configuration...

FrancoThai

It depends what your definition of a "true diver" is.

The Tutima has a 20 ATM water resistance, which is not too shabby. But if you want a watch with unidirectional rotating bezel, that restricts the choice a bit. There was a diver version of the Official Cosmonauts chronograph by Fortis, pictured below:

And then there is the rare and much loved Lorenz Crono Sub:

Nicely done - I've been tempted by a 3H to go with my LE, silly really but such a good watch, I've worn mine for about 3 years now.

Have just tried the Tutima on a Di Modell Chronissimo -

...and you're right what you say about the wear the ZUZ watches have been subjected to, but it adds rather than detracts, from an issued watch perspective:

...of course, you have to hit the light right to accentuate it, more normally it looks OK -

Have you any more on the list for the future foodle?

Nicely done - I've been tempted by a 3H to go with my LE, silly really but such a good watch, I've worn mine for about 3 years now.
I'm the original owner of my 3H, and it was my daily wearer for a few years. I got the Ar when it was clear that Lemania was going to stop making 5100's and Sinn was not going to be able to keep producing EZM1s. It was basically an insurance policy, since I liked my original one so much. Now that the 3H's tritium has yellowed, it's a safe queen, and the Ar comes out when I want to wear an EZM1.

Have just tried the Tutima on a Di Modell Chronissimo
Nice. I still have to hammer out the pins on the Tutima to get the bracelet off. It's been my daily wearer since I got it a month ago.

...and you're right what you say about the wear the ZUZ watches have been subjected to, but it adds rather than detracts, from an issued watch perspective
Absolutely agree. I like the issued watches from the collector's standpoint. But for functionality, I prefer newer mainly because of the tritium vs luminova issue. Most issued watches are older with tritium lumed dials, so a lot of time the tritium was already faded a lot and their nighttime visibility isn't that good. Now at night, I just wear a Marathon Navigator (composite) with tritium tubes.

Have you any more on the list for the future foodle?
I went on a bit of a Lemania binge this past year. I couldn't pass up the Tutima 750-42 once I found out that it was available new via special order (learned that from cowbiker on WUS), and before that I was scooping up Orfina Porsche Design Military chronos (7177 airplane hand versions only) like there was no tomorrow. The problem there is that to get them to NOS status usually took another $900 and 4 months worth of restoration work on top of the original purchase price.

Oddly enough, I've been looking at 3 hand divers and non Lemania chronos lately. Although I don't know if I can do a V7750 based chrono, having used ones with central minutes totalizers for so long. So my current targets are IWC Aquatimer 3536 (titanium), IWC GST Aquatimer chronograph 3707 or 3719 (titanium), or Breitling Seawolf Avenger (old E17370 version, titanium, black dial).

IWC 3536 - have wanted one for a long time. A true classic.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Product

IWC 3707 - less popular than the 3536. Looks similar to the Orfina chronos.
Watch Analog watch Black Watch accessory Fashion accessory

Breitling E17370 - I never thought I'd ever want/own a Breitling (too much bling bling), but this one has really grabbed me lately for some reason. Also, it's pretty cheap compared to the IWC's. Can get one on a strap for around $1.5k. The downside is that it is gigantic (44mm, 18mm thick).
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

41 - 60 of 110 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.