WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear enthusiasts
My watch needs service (does run) and most of the watchmakers are not able to service due to inaccesibility for parts.
Furthermore, I need an original sweep second hand and original chrystal.
There must be some owners of this movement hopefully capable of guiding further. Would prefer a watchmaker in EU.
Best regards
K007

·
Registered
9,498 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,931 Posts
Dear enthusiasts
My watch needs service (does run) and most of the watchmakers are not able to service due to inaccesibility for parts.
Furthermore, I need an original sweep second hand and original chrystal.
There must be some owners of this movement hopefully capable of guiding further. Would prefer a watchmaker in EU.
Best regards
K007
I have one in France Bienvenue sur www.montresexpert.com and spare parts might be available on ebay or from cousinsuk.com

Reactions: DragonDan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's a Porsche Design 7176s by Orfina. Case no. 4399X. The second hand is either orange or red. Im not able to attach a picture somehow. I Hope this information Helps getting closer to the parts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I really appreciate all the Answers so far. Pithy, how can I buy the parts at your first link?
By the way, serviceuhrwerk5100 wont service as it ought to be more Than expected to do. They refer to Orfina, which is way too expensive and Will restore the cosmetics as well, whereas I want the looks preserved. Waiting for Hess to get back to me once they have got responce from their manufacture. Anyone Else or outside europe?

·
Registered
9,498 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Hey Maulie, I saw a movie called "The Cars That Ate Paris" and supposedly the writer had some association with Paradise.

Do you think that Paradise might have influenced or served as an inspiration for it?
It’s Mollie,Mollie , Mollie not Maulie ,unless your practising Sanskrit.
Now that’s a classic cult film.
Well Peter is almost a neighbour just living down the road 1300k south of Paradise in Sydney however he got the idea for Cars when reading about two English Ladies who disappeared in France whilst on a driving holiday. I suppose the French countryside is reminiscent of an isolated town in the Outback.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Pithy. I cant add the parts to cart or find any contact ref. To share with the local watchmaker. Is it Jules borel you are referring to?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts