WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was offered this timepiece recently and need your opinion.

It's swiss Lemania pocket watch chronograph with split second. What age does it belong to? Movement caliber? Estimated market value? Does it look original?

I'm attaching few pics for a proper identification.

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

As always, we never do valuations. Please read the sticky at the top of this forum as to why. :)

Can't help right now, will try this evening (am at work, and all my references are at home...).

JohnF

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
I would guess prior to 1920. There is I believe a movement marking but I can't read it in the photo.
I'll leave this one for the chronograph experts.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Well that would certainly make sense.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

Lemania 19N20 movement, 19''', either 7 or 17 jewels, 18'000 bph, 35 hour power reserve, breguet spiral, and ... it's a beauty. :) Built between 1910 and 1960, so it is hard to tell when exactly it is from, but I would agree with Ray that it is probably around 1920s.

While very nice cosmetically, has it been serviced? If it is in good working order, that is a rather collectible time piece: the rattrapant is fairly rare, and as I said, cosmetically rather nice...

JohnF

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I haven't seen this watch myself but according to the seller all the functions work well. He doesn't know when it was serviced but I have few local watchmakers in mind who are able to handle such timepieces.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
It does look great. Thanks for posting the photos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts