WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Watch Watch accessory Analog watch Strap Fashion accessory I've been wearing this watch for last two weeks and I really like it.
-big stainless steel case(37mm;takes 20mm strap);good runner powered by bidynator 17 jewels movement
Bidynator- meaning of Felsa690 or Felsa415-which one is in there?
It's hard to find any info about Leonidas watches-the company used to specialized in chronographs and then in 50' or 60' became a part of Heuer-that's all I know.

cheers
peter Watch accessory Watch Fashion accessory Jewellery Strap Watch Watch accessory Wrist Analog watch Fashion accessory

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah-your right!!!!it's 415 so the watch was produced between 1942-1947
if so there's a great chance that's a military watch(?)

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,863 Posts
Well any watch can have been used by military personnel and these 1940's watches are produced in a military style. But a military issue watch will have been marked as such (military forces are on the whole quite obsessive about marking their property) and civilian purchased watches used by military personnel are often marked with their military number to reduce the chances of it getting 'lost.' So a watch with no markings probably wasn't used as a military watch, but it could have been.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that's right but Leonidas was a major supplier of military watches to German army,wasn't it?
there are no military marks on it though Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap Wrist ) Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery Watch Strap

·
Vint. Forum Co-Moderator
3,863 Posts
That isn't a 1940's caseback - I'd say more 1960's which throws your dating off considerably.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts