WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking into picking up a Komandirskie to serve as both my first Russian watch and my first hand-winder. I saw this one being sold by Zenitar on eBay (seller's pic) and am a bit curious about the dial. I've never seen it before in any of the reviews/pic threads on here, and even a quick Google image search for "Komandirskie" doesn't bring up any other examples of it. Should I be at all concerned about its authenticity? Also curious to see if anyone has more pics of this specific dial, as it has really struck a chord with me! On a separate note, will I probably want to switch out the strap, and does this type of Komandirskie case wear big or small? Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
It's a Type 811 case and 398 dial, totally correct. Vic (Zenitar) sources watches from Vostok directly, so they're all kosher. You might want to change the strap: it's usable but not very elegant at all!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fantastic, thanks for the quick replies! I'd read good things about Zenitar on here but wanted to be sure. With the dial number Seele gave I managed to dig up one other thread about this watch here. From the pics someone posted there it turns out the dial is actually blue, which I like even more!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thought I'd revive this thread as I ordered the watch in question and it arrived yesterday. I'm really impressed with it - it feels like a solidly built watch for such a low price. The blue dial is very nice, not too flashy (almost black under certain light) but a very pretty shade of blue in the daylight. I'm not a huge fan of the strap so a dark brown strap with white stitching is on its way in the mail. Thanks everyone for your helpful advice which led me to pick this up!
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
Congratulations on your new arrival, it does look rather nice!

I found that blue dials are very difficult to photograph to get the right colour, perhaps one day I'd go the whole hog and use my 4"X5" camera and Apo-Artar lens to photograph one and see if it works better!

It's interesting to know you elected to go for a brown strap with white stitching, my first impression would be something more like a black strap with blue stitching, perhaps one with a "carbon fibre look". Let us know how the new combination looks.

Personally I do not mind the look of the dial, I just find it a little wacky: the minute hand points at the hour scale, and the hour hand points at the minute scale...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The new strap is in and wow, what a difference a change of strap can make! I'm loving the brown and blue look. Seele, a carbon fiber strap is an interesting idea, I might have to try that one day. Here are a few pics, including a wrist shot.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Wrist Cobalt blue

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
I was sort of expecting a dark chocolate sort of brown, but this mid-brown is surprisingly handsome; kudos to you. You must have got a fair few envious looks since you have it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.