WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160067029897

In order to easily support a charity with an ebay auction, I had to join Missionfish. Charities that we previously discussed were not included in their list.

The buyer is not making a donation, the manufacturers are, and the charity I chose is in the category that was originally discussed with them.

Good luck, and please spread the word.

Mitch

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Hey Mitch -

Quick question - the LM-1's have the ETA 2824 movement, right?

The auction states that the PVD one has a Selita SW200 - are you using a different movement in it, or is it a misprint? I may have missed it if you said something before.

I'm winning right now :-!

Hoppy

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No mistake. Production LM-1s all use ETA 2824-2 movements. The auction watch does have a Sellita SW 200.

Thanks for bidding it up so high!

Mitch

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Well done Mitch, congratulations on the auction that is a fine price that won.
I wish I could have gotten in on that one. 1 in the world what a collectors piece.
|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>|>
The all black was so cool.b-)
Regards
Robt

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Robert, congratulate the buyer, not me! I hope he will post some pictures when he receives his watch.

I'd like to do this with each new model release.

Mitch

·
Registered
638 Posts
Wow! If I hadn't still been hung over from New Year's I would have woken up to see the end of the auction, but since I didn't get my ass outta bed until about twenty minutes ago....Oh Well!

Congrats to Nalu...that's some safe queen ya got there and all for a very good cause as well!

BT

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi Cannon. The LM-2 is made by a different manufacturer. I did ask them if they can pvd coat one case.

Mitch

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Thanks gents, looking forward to this one! I actually haven't even got my LM-1 yet since I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks, so I've really got something to look forward to my first week back to work (besides pain :-d ).

I will of course post photos of this LE, alone and with it's brother.

Well done on choice of charities by Mitch! I would have gone higher. My father and I were just discussing donations 3 days ago. I gave to Wounded Warriors last month, along with the Red Cross and Spec Ops Warrior Foundation, so this new charity arose at a perfect time (though I could have used the write-off in '06 - '07 and '08 are already taken care of).

·
Banned
1,600 Posts
Thanks gents, looking forward to this one! I actually haven't even got my LM-1 yet since I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks, so I've really got something to look forward to my first week back to work (besides pain :-d ).

I will of course post photos of this LE, alone and with it's brother.

Well done on choice of charities by Mitch! I would have gone higher. My father and I were just discussing donations 3 days ago. I gave to Wounded Warriors last month, along with the Red Cross and Spec Ops Warrior Foundation, so this new charity arose at a perfect time (though I could have used the write-off in '06 - '07 and '08 are already taken care of).
Congrats Colin... great pickup, and great cause too. Look forward to those pics...:-!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts