WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ten-Ten, The Base-Layer is simplicity in a watch, the lume is so-so but mine keeps great time.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the Torpedo is great, I tried coloring the numbers in but didn't like it so it went back to natural.

·
Premium Member
14,092 Posts
My Atlas with Sapphire.

I keep debating whether or not to sell it since it no longer gets much wear. But then I'd be out a Field watch and left with only Dive watches.

IMG_1114.JPG IMG_1863.jpg

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My BaseLayer stopped, needs a battery. I bought it from Amazon on 12/7/15 and the battery is dead already, I thought it would have lasted longer. Amazon was having a special and I paid $36.00 for it, now I don't know how much it's going to cost to ship the Momentum for service.
I could have it locally done for about $10.00. What would you do?

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
D6 Chrono

IMG_1477.JPG

Reactions: MuckyMark

·
Premium Member
14,092 Posts
My BaseLayer stopped, needs a battery. I bought it from Amazon on 12/7/15 and the battery is dead already, I thought it would have lasted longer. Amazon was having a special and I paid $36.00 for it, now I don't know how much it's going to cost to ship the Momentum for service.

Battery changes are easy. Do it yourself, if you have the tools. They are simple quartz movements. Nothing weird or strange about them. I changed the battery on a used Atlas I bought off the Sales Forum last year. I actually took the whole movement out to clean the inside of the crystal as well.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
The way I feel about my own Base Layer, it'd be worth the $10 to take it in and get the battery replaced.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Here's my small collection. I'm hometown fan of this brand. My first non-Timex Expedition was a titanium precursor to the Atlas. It was actually branded St Moritz. Sadly it was stolen in '06. I replaced it with this model which my wife has now co-opted. When the battery dies on one of the Cobalts I'm sending them both in and having the movements swapped. I think the lumed dial would look cool in the black case.

Now to the photos..

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
I resent paying a guy at the mall to change a battery. And I don't trust the people at the battery store. But I found a watchmaker who replaces batteries for $10. I use the opportunity to maintain a relationship with him. When I need something bigger, he already knows my name.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts