WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 100 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Finally I saw one skx (incidentally on a different forum, sorry for that)
http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php?topic=36089.0
Not sure what it is...maybe its the angle of the pic...I love the SKX but for some reason the BB mod doesn't do it for me on that watch?
I don't know if its the asymmetry of the crown or the oyster bracelet, but I prefer it on the SNZH?
What do you think?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Crowns got to be at 3 for me. Pure and simple. Ooooon the other hand Murphy's bezel could work for those interested in an SKX BB build...

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Finally I saw one skx (incidentally on a different forum, sorry for that)
http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php?topic=36089.0
Hi guys,

I love the SKX, and while still waiting for my mod to arrive, I have found others pics on the net to tide me by !
Here's another pic borrowed from TZ Forum :

My final Seiko Mod: Black Bay

This one has the standard bezel, but mine will come with the Murphy ! Not too fond of it on bracelet, but Natos, Zulus or distressed leather on it look great !

Regards,

·
Registered
119 Posts
You've just caught me out of town but I was planning to waste a couple of hours of my life shooting my 007, monster, Shogun, FFF and BB on a few different straps at the weekend. I'll be sure to get some wristies.

This week oi'll be mostly wearin'..... NATOs.

(Apologies to non-Brits for that one).

·
Registered
784 Posts
ARGHHHHH..... I'm still waiting for the SNZH inserts to be back in stock? Anyone know?
I have a SNZH55 just hanging out waiting for these parts......
Thanks for the great pics guys! It'll have to do until I get one on my wrist :)

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Strap

Here's my recently completed mod based on the Seiko-licensed NH35A hackable movement in the Invicta 8926OB. It's great to be able to also have the option of using those as a base for Seiko 7S26 parts mods. I personally like the angled bezel on the Invicta more than the flat one on Seiko SKXs, and I feel the watch comes a tad closer to the look of the original. Of course, it took me more time to file off the Invicta logo.

I recently posted a step by step documentation of my mod process for this in the Affordable Watches forum, in case anyone is interested.
https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/black-bay-homage-mod-seiko-nh35a-invicta-8926ob-step-step-750900.html

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Material property

Analog watch Watch Watch accessory Strap Fashion accessory

·
Registered
72 Posts
like the strap
what is it if you dont mind me asking..

still looking for the perfect strap for mine - want something old , distressed, and different...
(or probably an excuse to buy more straps, is closer to the truth...)

View attachment 824834

Here's my recently completed mod based on the Seiko-licensed NH35A hackable movement in the Invicta 8926OB. It's great to be able to also have the option of using those as a base for Seiko 7S26 parts mods. I personally like the angled bezel on the Invicta more than the flat one on Seiko SKXs, and I feel the watch comes a tad closer to the look of the original. Of course, it took me more time to file off the Invicta logo.

I recently posted a step by step documentation of my mod process for this in the Affordable Watches forum, in case anyone is interested.
https://www.watchuseek.com/f71/black-bay-homage-mod-seiko-nh35a-invicta-8926ob-step-step-750900.html

View attachment 824835

View attachment 824836

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Simon,
It's an inexpensive Tech Swiss strap I bought off Amzn that I aged and distress more by myself. If you google how to distress leather, there are some helpful tips. I have also been thinking of making my own straps but haven't had time to pursue this route.

·
Registered
72 Posts
thanks for that
i'm always on the lookout for cheap straps to destroy / mod.
and great job on yours

yep.. also think one of my next straps will be hand made, well at least half by myself...
(my local boot maker said he can sow just about anything i bring in - straps are a lot easier than boots to make..)

theres a bunch of nice straps for ideas in here - i just need to decide where to begin

Simon,
It's an inexpensive Tech Swiss strap I bought off Amzn that I aged and distress more by myself. If you google how to distress leather, there are some helpful tips. I have also been thinking of making my own straps but haven't had time to pursue this route.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Now, that's what I've been talkin' about !!!

Great looking SKX mod you got there, my friend. The leather colour too looks great ..... and the crystal, man, what is THAT ???
Is it plexi or sapphire, please do tell. And yes, the source please, if you don't mind .
Looks fantastic with the Murphy bezel .... probably the best looking SKX BB Tribute Tudo mod so far !

Wear it in good health.

Regards,

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Now, that's what I've been talkin' about !!!

Great looking SKX mod you got there, my friend. The leather colour too looks great ..... and the crystal, man, what is THAT ???
Is it plexi or sapphire, please do tell. And yes, the source please, if you don't mind .
Looks fantastic with the Murphy bezel .... probably the best looking SKX BB Tribute Tudo mod so far !

Wear it in good health.

Regards,
+1

81 - 100 of 200 Posts