·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I absolutely love these!...:

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Thanks. That particular watch has been trending/timeless (pun!!LOL) since 1971. All those vintage pieces are '68-71.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
284 Posts
First tuning fork in the 666 thread.
Woo Hoo!
image.jpg
image.jpg
Oh wait, accutrons count too right?

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've wondered why Bulova put "666 FEET" on these. 666 being the mark of the beast. Why did they not use 650 or 700? Did they actually waterproof test these at 666 feet of water pressure or was it to symbolize something else, like deep as Hell? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I've wondered why Bulova put "666 FEET" on these. 666 being the mark of the beast. Why did they not use 650 or 700? Did they actually waterproof test these at 666 feet of water pressure or was it to symbolize something else, like deep as Hell? Does anyone know?
Sounds better than 203 meters or 656 feet and change (200 meters)... dunno, rounding?

I'm sure 666 didn't have the same connotation back then. Plus 666 is just cool.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My new 1969 Deep Sea Chronograph.
Screen Shot 2015-12-11 at 10.24.29 AM.jpg
it's going to need a cleaning as the pushers don't reset and it feels sluggish when winding, but I do love this watch.
Some oddities on it are it's dated M9. and doesn't say "666 feet" under the bolova on the face like others I've seen.

I'm looking for the original end links for the band if anyone has some.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I love those old valjoux bulovas, the grey is really classic, the bezels seem to ghost just the right amount.
As far as yours not having 666 on the dial, I say fine, because I have a hard time believing that any of those seventies Valjoux 7733 7734 chronos (no matter what brand) could get anywhere close to 200 meters even when brand new.

But let's look at Franco60's again
Great googaly-moogly that thing is cool!
image.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm new into Bulova watches because i bought 2 "by accident".

A 666 Feet Set-O-Matic and a Marinestar Valjoux 72 5. The last one i love very much! The 666 Feet is also nice with the pepsi bezel. Maybe he stay for a short time and then sell it to make money free for an other Omega.

I love that chrono. Can you post more pics of it? I just got the deep sea version and think I'll be on the lookout for one of these!

1 - 20 of 295 Posts