WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

241 - 260 of 295 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts

Thought I’d bump this fantastic old thread with this Snorkel M. I bought this a few months ago and promptly lost the original bezel somehow. I managed to track down this bezel from another identical watch case from another brand... I don’t know if it’s an improvement on the original but I must say the blue on blue is quite smashing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

Thought I’d bump this fantastic old thread with this Snorkel M. I bought this a few months ago and promptly lost the original bezel somehow. I managed to track down this bezel from another identical watch case from another brand... I don’t know if it’s an improvement on the original but I must say the blue on blue is quite smashing.

That looks great!! Good work on finding a replacement bezel too. If/when the old one turns up, you’ll have a spare.
I have a vintage Aquadive with no bezel and gave up looking for a replacement. I will either end up wearing it as is or using the movement to power another project.

Reactions: ciccio_started_it

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
That looks great!! Good work on finding a replacement bezel too. If/when the old one turns up, you’ll have a spare.
I have a vintage Aquadive with no bezel and gave up looking for a replacement. I will either end up wearing it as is or using the movement to power another project.
Thanks man! The old one won’t turn up for sure, I lost it while shopping in a mall with my daughter in downtown, it’s lost forever.

Good luck on your search!

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Thanks man! The old one won’t turn up for sure, I lost it while shopping in a mall with my daughter in downtown, it’s lost forever.

Good luck on your search!

Oh man. That changes things. I thought you meant lost in your home!

Reactions: ciccio_started_it

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Here’s something new;

Devil Diver LE dial, and the rest from the others. Different hand set and bezel. 41mm automatic movement. Selita?

Received the tracking information for my new 96B350 this mourning,about a week out still...I have confirmed case size IS 41mm.& movement is Miyota 821..Other than size,nothing else in common with the L.E.version which I owned at one time..The L.E.wasn't for me, IMO the shade of Orange used on the dial was WAYYY too Peach & I could barely see the tiny white markers even with my glasses!

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
I just realized I never posted my beautiful Green reissue here,hope you folks don't mind...
DSC_0011.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0010.JPG
DSC_0019.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG
DSC_0002.JPG
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG
DSC_0009.JPG
DSC_0013.JPG
DSC_0015.JPG
DSC_0020.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG
DSC_0024.JPG
DSC_0028.JPG
DSC_0029.JPG
DSC_0030.JPG
DSC_0032.JPG

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Received the tracking information for my new 96B350 this mourning,about a week out still...I have confirmed case size IS 41mm.& movement is Miyota 821..Other than size,nothing else in common with the L.E.version which I owned at one time..The L.E.wasn't for me, IMO the shade of Orange used on the dial was WAYYY too Peach & I could barely see the tiny white markers even with my glasses!
Too peach? Huh. I never saw that. Almost the same exact shade as the NOS Oceanographer V dial I sourced. My vintage dial was a little darker, but it never has bothered me.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
How hard will the bracelet be to fit? (I’m assuming you haven’t sized it in these pics)

Actually that is sized for my wearing preference & it was easy BUT the bracelets are very long so it is a bit trial & error...

·
Registered
104 Posts

That Bakelite bezel looks fantastic! It really works with the watch.

241 - 260 of 295 Posts