WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

10781 - 10800 of 10857 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've seen lots of talk about DLW bezels in here, can someone also confirm if their dials will fit the Invicta case?

I'm looking specifically at this one,
Dial - Navigator - Plain Blue

It says it'll fit the NH35/6 and I assume the size is 28.5 mm.

Thanks for your help
Ive used several dials from DLW, Namoki and Dagaz on my 8926OB mods before and they work perfectly. Just be careful not to scratch the surface of DLW dials when you remove the extra feet underneath.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Ive used several dials from DLW, Namoki and Dagaz on my 8926OB mods before and they work perfectly. Just be careful not to scratch the surface of DLW dials when you remove the extra feet underneath.
Great! Thank you africanscotch

Reactions: Commisar

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
I decided to try moding all my Pro Divers when I say modding I’m not talking about changing hands or reluming although I have thought about it. A couple weeks back I decided to buy two 38mm Grand Divers I usually never wear watches that small but I decided to give them a try and regardless of what any says men can still wear 38mm. For the last week I’ve been wearing my 40mm gold tone and two tone PDs which both have been modified with Rolex Style Bezels incerts pre ceramic, new lollipop seconds hands just waiting for the old style oyster bracelets to come in. Like so many I had the 8926ob I had two so After receiving my new 38mm meteorite Pro Diver I had this idea to put it in one of the 40mm PD cases. Of course I did have to Sacrifice a couple things the 38mm had the 40mm didn’t like a sapphire crystal and a ceramic bezel. But in the end I’m digging this 40mm Pro Diver with the meteorite dial that came from the 38mm model.

345B947F-C62B-448C-99E7-496E0BC5F3A7.jpeg

and the donor watch sorry I forgot to take a pic before I switched dials

24BB24FB-ABF9-4EDF-AA38-C080264E07A6.jpeg

Anyways I’m happy nothing was really changed but the seconds hand lol.

sorry for the double pic.

Update I decided to switch both hour and minute hands from the 8926 because of the length. They have that yellow hue to them but both the hands and markers glow the same color so all is well.

·
Registered
118 Posts
IMO and, evidently, many others share this opinion, the stock 8926 has two flaws: 1) it's too thick; and 2) it wobbles a lot on the wrist owing to the caseback design. The best remedy I've found for these issues is a bezel and crystal swap (ditching the stock bezel and 2.5mm crystal for a Murphy bezel and a 2mm thick crystal) and a Raffles caseback.

In addition to greater contact with the wrist, it takes the watch below 13mm thick:

FYI.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
IMO and, evidently, many others share this opinion, the stock 8926 has two flaws: 1) it's too thick; and 2) it wobbles a lot on the wrist owing to the caseback design. The best remedy I've found for these issues is a bezel and crystal swap (ditching the stock bezel and 2.5mm crystal for a Murphy bezel and a 2mm thick crystal) and a Raffles caseback.

In addition to greater contact with the wrist, it takes the watch below 13mm thick:

View attachment 15458801

FYI.
Like everything else with this watch there seems to be quite a bit of variation with the caseback. Some people report a big difference with the Raffles caseback and others say not so much. Here is a pic of three casebacks, two Invictas and one from Raffles. Hopefully you can see but it’s a huge difference.
F9310126-FA34-4CA4-B2C2-F9B845642EB5.jpeg

·
Registered
118 Posts
Like everything else with this watch there seems to be quite a bit of variation with the caseback. Some people report a big difference with the Raffles caseback and others say not so much. Here is a pic of three casebacks, two Invictas and one from Raffles. Hopefully you can see but it’s a huge difference.
View attachment 15459234
Wow, I've worked on maybe 8-9 8926s and never realized the variation within the stock casebacks. As you point out, it's in keeping with just about every other aspect of this watch.

One thing about this: part of the height variation that we see in the picture above is caused by a factor which has no bearing on the thickness of the caseback or watch. Notice that the threads on the stock casebacks (left and center) are more visible than those on the Raffles caseback (right). That's not an illusion; no Raffles caseback I've used--and the one pictured here appears to be no exception--has threaded as deeply into the 8926 midcase as the stock caseback. IME the Raffles backs thread about .2mm shallower.

The real kicker is that the design of the watch requires the caseback to press up against the gray nh35 movement ring to keep the movement and dial in place vertically. Accordingly every 8926 into which I've installed a Raffles caseback has required a .2mm spacer ring. I posted about this a little ways back.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Invicta makes a good watch. The 8926. The rest? Ugh.

OK maybe a couple of good watches.

I slap a steel Hadley on one and trash the shiny crap bracelet, no mods needed. I don't own this configuration anymore since I have a watchbox full of much better watches. But if budget was an issue, can't do much better than an 8926, better value than most Seikos OOTB.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Wow, I've worked on maybe 8-9 8926s and never realized the variation within the stock casebacks. As you point out, it's in keeping with just about every other aspect of this watch.

One thing about this: part of the height variation that we see in the picture above is caused by a factor which has no bearing on the thickness of the caseback or watch. Notice that the threads on the stock casebacks (left and center) are more visible than those on the Raffles caseback (right). That's not an illusion; no Raffles caseback I've used--and the one pictured here appears to be no exception--has threaded as deeply into the 8926 midcase as the stock caseback. IME the Raffles backs thread about .2mm shallower.

The real kicker is that the design of the watch requires the caseback to press up against the gray nh35 movement ring to keep the movement and dial in place vertically. Accordingly every 8926 into which I've installed a Raffles caseback has required a .2mm spacer ring. I posted about this a little ways back.
Where would one get such a spacer ring? I probably need one.

I suspect a lot of us are running around without one.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts

View attachment 15458801

FYI.
I suppose it's relative as I have had a different experience.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Where can I find that rubber strap? Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll let HomeBrewMTB answer definitively but ironically, I received one yesterday just like it from an ebay seller. It was shipped in error. I have ZERO affiliation with them but they sent me a business card as well. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here so send me a PM if you want their website.

Now, we'll have to see how they handle this. I still don't have my insert :unsure:

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I'll let HomeBrewMTB answer definitively but ironically, I received one yesterday just like it from an ebay seller. It was shipped in error. I have ZERO affiliation with them but they sent me a business card as well. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here so send me a PM if you want their website.

Now, we'll have to see how they handle this. I still don't have my insert :unsure:
Here's a pic of my new "bezel insert" i.e. strap.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Where can I find that rubber strap? Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup, eBay. Search “Bliger rubber strap” sort on price lowest. They come with color stripe if desired. I bought for a different project but works perfectly on this one so it’s going to stay here.

EPK, I hope you still get your insert plus the bonus strap.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Yup, eBay. Search “Bliger rubber strap” sort on price lowest. They come with color stripe if desired. I bought for a different project but works perfectly on this one so it’s going to stay here.

EPK, I hope you still get your insert plus the bonus strap.
Than you. The seller is a great guy and did just that. The insert is on the way. I've purchased from him before and like his inserts. I'm not sure how he makes any money on them but they fit well and come with adhesive backing already installed.

10781 - 10800 of 10857 Posts