WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

10801 - 10820 of 10856 Posts

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Here’s my latest.

9937OB with Swiss movement and solid end links bracelet, brushed. Sightly thinner. Still using the original case back.

Logo on the side removed, slightly profiled pointed Crown guards.
BSH decal relief dial
Insert replaced
Seiko flat top plexi

I think it looks pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Here’s my latest.

9937OB with Swiss movement and solid end links bracelet, brushed. Sightly thinner. Still using the original case back.

Logo on the side removed, slightly profiled pointed Crown guards.
BSH decal relief dial
Insert replaced
Seiko flat top plexi

I think it looks pretty good.

Well done. I'd love to know where you purchased the insert.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
I was trying to bleach the bezel insert to give it that Ghost/Faded look but for some unknown reason the bezel turned brown instead but I think it looks cool especially with the black dial and brown strap.
I like the brown!! Kinda different and unique.

If you are looking to get that faded look still or if you have another insert on hand, I find liquid draino/unclogger works the best. Just keep an eye on it cause it works FAST!

·
Registered
58 Posts
I like the brown!! Kinda different and unique.

If you are looking to get that faded look still or if you have another insert on hand, I find liquid draino/unclogger works the best. Just keep an eye on it cause it works FAST!

Thanks for the tip. I’m starting to think it was because I used dollar store bleach and not Clorox? I’ve done this mod in the pass but never used cheap bleach.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Well done. I'd love to know where you purchased the insert.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I got that from a seller on the bay. I just search for aluminum bezel insert for Rolex submariner & GMT. Forgot the seller though. It’s been a while.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, what a thread! I shattered the crystal on my 8926OB and decided to mod it, lots of great inspiration in here! Where is everyone getting those BSH dials?

·
Registered
562 Posts
View attachment 15474523

I put this one on an oyster with a pretty good glidelock and a traditional 20-16 taper. Brushed and used the original Invicta end links for maximum OCD relief. Makes for a good little daily!
Great looking watch. I like the combo of the acrylic crystal, cathedral hands, and coin edge bezel :) Everything else is top notch as well!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
View attachment 15474523

I put this one on an oyster with a pretty good glidelock and a traditional 20-16 taper. Brushed and used the original Invicta end links for maximum OCD relief. Makes for a good little daily!
That looks great. I'd love to see more pictures if you have them.

Reactions: MrPearly

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
I'll take it Dave. If it's still available

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
Reactions: didymus03
10801 - 10820 of 10856 Posts