WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
401 - 420 of 472 Posts

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
My latest (from three months ago):

Oops…looks like a regular three-hander because I’m running the chronograph, and the center minute counter is in synch with the regular minute hand. Here’s a different pic:
Wait, so that’s a chronograph? What does the hand with the arrow measure? Minutes? It doesn’t look like there’s a pusher in the crown. How does that work?

·
Premium Member
IWC Porsche Design Titan, Habring2 Chrono COS ZM, Sinn EZM 10
5,866 Posts
Wait, so that’s a chronograph? What does the hand with the arrow measure? Minutes? It doesn’t look like there’s a pusher in the crown. How does that work?
Thanks for taking the bait so I could explain in true geek fashion!
The arrow-tip hand is the center mounted chronograph minute counter, so it measures up to 60 minutes. From the reset position, you start the chronograph by twisting the crown counter-clockwise. Twist clockwise to stop, and twist further clockwise to reset. No pushers.
You pull the crown out one click to wind the manually wound movement. Put it out two clicks to set the time.
It’s the best execution of a chronograph I have ever seen in 36 years of collecting them.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
The arrow-tip hand is the center mounted chronograph minute counter, so it measures up to 60 minutes. From the reset position, you start the chronograph by twisting the crown counter-clockwise. Twist clockwise to stop, and twist further clockwise to reset. No pushers.
You pull the crown out one click to wind the manually wound movement. Put it out two clicks to set the time.
It’s the best execution of a chronograph I have ever seen in 36 years of collecting them.
Is there a CLICK when rotated? Does it stay in the rotated position until you rotate it back to stop/reset?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
That’s so cool. Reminds me the old Mido MultiCenterChrono. Do you mind me asking how much this habring is? You can PM me if that works. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Is there a CLICK when rotated? Does it stay in the rotated position until you rotate it back to stop/reset?
It feels a bit like a radio on/off knob with a definite (but not hard) detent when starting or stopping the chronograph. When resetting to zero, just a gentle twist until it doesn’t turn any further.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
That’s so cool. Reminds me the old Mido MultiCenterChrono. Do you mind me asking how much this habring is? You can PM me if that works. Thanks.
PM’d you.
Here’s a spoiler.

401 - 420 of 472 Posts