WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 5649 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if there is a thread for this already, but I did a search and couldn't find one. Also, I wonder if this post belongs more in the vintage forum. But anyway...

I am starting to get interested in vintage Seikos. I know there are a lot of vintage Seiko diver fans and posts out there, but I am also interested in all the other great vintage Seikos out there. The stuff from the 70s has a really funky and fun look to me, for example.

So I was hoping people had some pics to share on this forum!

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
Hey your in the right place & a post like this is always welcomed.

Vintage seiko's are at the top of golden age for Seiko, they in my opinion are the best quality and innovation to come out of Japan to date, with exceptions to the Prospex and GS lines of today with some standard & mid grade watches that held true to that age old classic engineering.

Here's a few of mine, some I have and a few have moved on to other homes, but they all are fine quality and wonderful watches.

Macro6309DiverDial.jpg

Jimmy6309-729Acloser-1.jpg

SeikoH558-5009Arniedial.jpg

OrangeArnie.jpg

My7C46Ashtraydiverdial.jpg

MY1000mGoldenTunaSBDS018.jpg

mySSBS018GoldenTuna.jpg

mygolden7549Tuna.jpg

mySBDX005reissueTuna.jpg

7548-700FPepsi.jpg

Pepsi7002-700Adialangle-1.jpg

NOSSKX-011KDial-1.jpg

Well, that's not half of the vintage Seiko watches I've had, but should give you a well rounded idea of some of the Divers from the vintage days of Seiko. I've never owned a vintage seiko 6105 diver, but there well worth looking into as well.

Seiko Dive watches have always given me good conduct!
oldversionUSMCGCMedal.jpg

Cheers & Semper Fi, :-!
Jim

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
These are all great! Keep 'em coming! I am hoping to have my own to contribute in the next week.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
SKX401...

7548-700F...

SHC033...

4205-015T...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Pint of Brew, what is the model number of that one?

5740-8000, it's just a bog-standard Lord Marvel from what I can tell, nothing particularly out of the ordinary. To my knowledge no Lord Marvels have day or date complications, almost all of them have that rather typical dial that looks like it's curving downward (I read somewhere at some point how they make it, it's really quite obscure, something about laquering and heating, and then it curves it's self downwards as it cools?). Most Lord Marvels have arabic numerals on the indexes, and gold examples are equally as common (and beautiful) as steel ones.

All the Lord Marvel's I've seen have the same movement, which beats only at 36000 and is manual only. Doesn't hack, and doesn't back-hack either. Some users have noted it's quite loud, and I was expecting this. Mine however seems to be totally whisper quiet, I can barely hear it 2 inches from my ear last night.

Definitely one grade down from KS pedigree, and two down from GS, but given GS of this era usualy go for 600~, and KS for 425-485 (chronometer KS add 150-250), I'm quite happy to stick with Lord Marvel variants, which usualy sell around 200-280.

·
Registered
325 Posts
5740-8000, it's just a bog-standard Lord Marvel from what I can tell, nothing particularly out of the ordinary. To my knowledge no Lord Marvels have day or date complications, almost all of them have that rather typical dial that looks like it's curving downward (I read somewhere at some point how they make it, it's really quite obscure, something about laquering and heating, and then it curves it's self downwards as it cools?). Most Lord Marvels have arabic numerals on the indexes, and gold examples are equally as common (and beautiful) as steel ones.

All the Lord Marvel's I've seen have the same movement, which beats only at 36000 and is manual only. Doesn't hack, and doesn't back-hack either. Some users have noted it's quite loud, and I was expecting this. Mine however seems to be totally whisper quiet, I can barely hear it 2 inches from my ear last night.

Definitely one grade down from KS pedigree, and two down from GS, but given GS of this era usualy go for 600~, and KS for 425-485 (chronometer KS add 150-250), I'm quite happy to stick with Lord Marvel variants, which usualy sell around 200-280.

Thanks a lot. You opened my eyes for a new branch of Seiko. How is accuracy on those movements?

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
Awesome watches guys!....joslar, that NOS 6309 is just spectacular

and please give me a ring if & when you ever may tire of it. lol

Cheers,
Jim

1 - 20 of 5649 Posts