WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Let's take a break from the homage talk.

3K views 37 replies 29 participants last post by  Dancing Fire 
#1 ·
...and look at some terrible pictures!

Dad just got this in. He was looking for a simple three hander in rose gold, which surprised me because, nine out of 10 times, he favors white gold or platinum. His collection goes in one of two ways: refreshingly simple or complicated and crazy. Needless to say, I prefer elegant watches.

Like other watches of this caliber, operation is extremely buttery--smooth, effortless winding--and the L041.2 movement emits a solid clank. I tend to gravitate toward vintage pieces and love hearing a strong, 18,000 bph tick while wearing my watch. This piece obviously isn't as slow, but it sounds great. It's also very heavy and seems to weigh more than my PP pocket watch. :rodekaart But I'll need to hold them together to verify that.

Thanks for looking. I had to share my excitement with someone who actually cares. :think:

I introduced it to a friend who once spent an extended period of time in Germany. ;-)

See less See more
#15 · (Edited)

Consider the request for decent pictures done if I can get it away from him again. :)

Oboy, I'm with you on the intermission IOL, and damn if it's not more interesting than the event we're taking a break from ;-) ! Outstandingly gorgeous. Your Dad has impeccable taste from the pieces you've shared, never mind that it just happens to jive with my aesthetic likes. I'd think any/all of his stash qualifies as heirloom status, thx for showing!
Like I was saying: this happened to be one of the times where he went refined and simple, instead of crazy and complicated. Trust me, he might have a few watches that wouldn't sit well with you. :-d Thanks, as always, for the kind words. If he wasn't into watches, there's a 99% chance I wouldn't be, either. It's fun to share a hobby.

:p:p:p

Like father, like son..... both of you have fantastic taste with watches! Big congrats to your dad!

So........, when and what is your next great purchase going to be...???? ;-).
Thank you, sir!

What's "purchase?"
:-d I've made it a point to sit back and enjoy what I have, so hopefully nothing any time soon.

#3 · (Edited)
Oboy, I'm with you on the intermission IOL, and damn if it's not more interesting than the event we're taking a break from ;-) ! Outstandingly gorgeous. Your Dad has impeccable taste from the pieces you've shared, never mind that it just happens to jive with my aesthetic likes. I'd think any/all of his stash qualifies as heirloom status, thx for showing!

#4 ·
Whoa. Absolutely stunning. I actually, softly, said "wow", out loud. Which prompted my wife, who's busily studying Contracts to look up and ask what, in particular, I was saying 'Wow' about.

She said I should get one.

Until I mentioned that it probably costs more than a semester of law school….

#23 ·
Whoa. Absolutely stunning. I actually, softly, said "wow", out loud. Which prompted my wife, who's busily studying Contracts to look up and ask what, in particular, I was saying 'Wow' about.

She said I should get one.

Until I mentioned that it probably costs more than a semester of law school….
LOL, I did too!! Hahaha...

And it makes the quartz Tissot Carson in rose gold with a white dial and roman numerals that I just ordered look a little less attractive, LOL. Dang!! WHY did I have to see this thread....

#10 ·
:p:p:p

Like father, like son..... both of you have fantastic taste with watches! Big congrats to your dad!

So........, when and what is your next great purchase going to be...???? ;-).

Reactions: ImitationOfLife
#19 ·
I'm getting better at this... I got the tissues BEFORE reading the thread this time...

#20 ·
I doubt we can do any better than taking a break from the homage talk with an ALS.

Bravo, IOL Senior!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.