WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am glad to say that I have just purchased my first "Nice" watch. I researched and found just this right watch that fits my activities, profession, and style. I purchased this watch - My New Watch - a PRS 516 from the Tissot website. I tried to buy local but nobody had this in stock and with the Holidays fast approaching a special order was out of the question when I asked my local guy and Jareds people said the same thing. So I purchased this on the site and I received it today. I opened the box and its not the same watch.

The Band it totally different!

So I called Tissot and basically was told that I don't have a choice in the matter.

They advertised a watch on the site with a band that had holes in it. A retro grade band that is super cool! I got a plain old standard band.

So I have talked to about 3 people at Tissot and they are all telling me that I basically don't have a choice.

Have you had a similar situation? Is this Bait and Switch?

I have a lawyer friend that I could have give them a call... Should I?

Thanks for letting a newbie vent!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well I haven't ordered from the Tissot website but that seems wrong to me. If you ordered one with a particular band, you should absolutely get it with that band. Heck, the band is an integral part of the purchase!
Can you return it? I would for sure, then look elsewhere for the exact one you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have spent about 4 hours today messing with this issue and talked to about 4 people at the Swatch group. They are sending me a shipper to send them the watch and they will be switching the band to the one shown on the site. The site now has been changed to what they currently stock so it looks like I will be getting the watch I ordered in the first place. I am happy about this but a little miffed that it took 4 people 4 hours to come to this decision. I am hoping this is one hell of a good watch for the amount of trouble I have experienced today!

Thanks for letting me rant.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
good its sorted out..Tissot is very good my friend and they serve the customers well...you wont regret the purchase I assure :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes I remember this model by that very special band. I agree with you that if the watch come with other band then that will be another story totally.

Great you can have what you pay for!

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
..Tissot is very good my friend and they serve the customers well...
Did we read the same topic??

This poor guy had to spend 4 hours and talk to 4 seperate people at the Swatch Group, not at someone directly in charge over at Tissot, before the situation was resolved. The folks over at Tissot basically told him to go screw himself. If that was me, I'd either do a credit card charge back or file a dispute with PayPal, then send the watch back. Tissot's attitude was beyond unprofessional and went straight into ridiculous.

Reactions: Sean779

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Long story short... Tissot fixed my watch with the retrofit band. I have not received it in yet but I received an email today stating that they were sorry for the poor experience and that I should receive my watch in a day or so. I sure do hope this watch is AMAZING because its going to take a friggen miracle to get me to purchase another Tissot again.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
Long story short... Tissot fixed my watch with the retrofit band. I have not received it in yet but I received an email today stating that they were sorry for the poor experience and that I should receive my watch in a day or so. I sure do hope this watch is AMAZING because its going to take a friggen miracle to get me to purchase another Tissot again.
I honestly don't blame you for feeling this way. Tissot has a reputation for being popular with older folks. So it naturally stands to reason that the folks over at Tissot would be a bit more sensative when catering to the needs of their customer base. What you experienced from them was sickening. At least they did eventually apologize to you.

As far as customer service and honest advertising goes, off the top of my head; I thought of Christopher Ward. A boutique / micro brand known for excellent CS and indeed honest advertising. Not well known outside the watch community. But worth a look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As far as customer service and honest advertising goes, off the top of my head; I thought of Christopher Ward. A boutique / micro brand known for excellent CS and indeed honest advertising. Not well known outside the watch community. But worth a look.
I will take a look at these folks! I am just starting my watch collection and I am always on the look out for unique brands. Any other suggestions? Where does a novice collector start looking? Thanks

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
This is kinda par for the course with the Swatch group. I really dig the "holy" band!

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
I will take a look at these folks! I am just starting my watch collection and I am always on the look out for unique brands. Any other suggestions? Where does a novice collector start looking? Thanks
I'd also recommend taking a look at Steinhart. Gunther has a reputation as one of the nicest men in the industry. After-purchase communication could stand improving. But never heard anyone complain about the finished product.

A good place to start looking would be the "Affordables" sub-forum. From there, you can branch out to the more specific brand sub-forums.

Also, feel free to PM with me questions if you encounter any brand that catches your eye. I'll give you an honest answer since I have no brand loyalty and buy watches with quality as my #1 concern. You might not like the answer I give you. But it will be an honest one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The new Tissot is amazing! I will not buy another one unless its from a local shop but it get lots of compliments. I love the styling with the holes In the band. I think my next purchase is going to be the c11 by Christopher Ward. Love the looks of that one. Thanks for the insight!

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
For some reason it would be best to e-mail first on this 516 model.Even if it shows the retro band you may end up getting an original closed links.They even use the same model numbers?? It's strange,but i am glad you stuck to your guns.I have always had very good luck dealing with Swatch group. Post pics of that PRS 516,we like pics here.

·
Registered
14,860 Posts
The new Tissot is amazing! I will not buy another one unless its from a local shop but it get lots of compliments. I love the styling with the holes In the band. I think my next purchase is going to be the c11 by Christopher Ward. Love the looks of that one. Thanks for the insight!
Happy to help.

Have a great Christmas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts