WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,197 Posts
whats your opnion about this vintage electro-mechanical quartz luch watch. never own such a mechanism. is it like bulova acutron with smooth second hand ?
Looks good to me, but the proof is in the running of the watch. These can get rather delicate with age from all I've heard.

In answer to your other question; no this is not like an Accutron which features a high-frequency tuning-fork as the drive mechanism. This Luch 3055 uses an electromagnetically impulsed, transistor-switched balance-wheel driving the movement through a jewelled pallet-lever and escape wheel, so the second hand beats at 8 per second (28,800bph). Essentially, the base movement is one of the more refined examples of electromechanical movement such as were made by many manufacturers in the 1960s and early 1970s, but with the added feature of a quartz oscillator and microchip to control the switching on the balance. It was an attempt to leverage as much established technology as possible to implement quartz timekeeping, but the result was unfortunately rather complicated.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
My Covid-19 watch arrived safely today. While the dial doesn't have particularly luxurious layered printing, not surprising given the price point and certainly not a complaint, the matte silver perimeter catches the light well making the "My help to the doctors against Covid-19" text much more elusive. The red paint on minute hand is also slightly transparent, imparting a nice ruby or even blood-like sheen. On the rear is the small movement window, surrounded by "thank you" in many languages. The NATO strap is also sized on the smaller end, perfect for me without much excess. While this is not what I imagined as my first Luch watch, regretting not jumping on the previous generation of one-handers, I'm pleased to own this model as even if I grow bored of it it was for a good cause.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Still (im)patiently waiting for mine to arrive - high hopes when I see the post van pulling up, turns to disappointment when no watch sized parcel in his hand

·
Registered
749 Posts
........................... The NATO strap is also sized on the smaller end, perfect for me without much excess.
Could you give a length? Probably will need to replace mine to fit me (when/if mine arrives) - only had to remove a single link from my 650 bracelet.
As you might guess - I'm still waiting!

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Could you give a length? Probably will need to replace mine to fit me (when/if mine arrives) - only had to remove a single link from my 650 bracelet.
As you might guess - I'm still waiting!
I estimate it suits wrists both below 5 inches and above 8 inches, only that I didn't need to trim the end like I have with other NATO straps.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I estimate it suits wrists both below 5 inches and above 8 inches, only that I didn't need to trim the end like I have with other NATO straps.
Thanks, I'll start looking out for a red strap then! As it sounds like it'll be the usual 2 sizes then - too small & too big! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Take it that it's a 18mm?

·
Registered
125 Posts
My Covid-19 watch arrived safely today. While the dial doesn't have particularly luxurious layered printing, not surprising given the price point and certainly not a complaint, the matte silver perimeter catches the light well making the "My help to the doctors against Covid-19" text much more elusive. The red paint on minute hand is also slightly transparent, imparting a nice ruby or even blood-like sheen. On the rear is the small movement window, surrounded by "thank you" in many languages. The NATO strap is also sized on the smaller end, perfect for me without much excess. While this is not what I imagined as my first Luch watch, regretting not jumping on the previous generation of one-handers, I'm pleased to own this model as even if I grow bored of it it was for a good cause.

View attachment 15367991 View attachment 15367995
I bought 3 of these. The first 2, Nos. 242 and 283 are configured like this one. Window and stainless band hardware. The 3rd Covid 19 watch has a solid back, no window, and black hardware on the red nato. Curious whether any other later serial numbers saw the configuration change.
Also wondering whether this is an open ended edition or whether they capped it. 242/?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I bought 3 of these. The first 2, Nos. 242 and 283 are configured like this one. Window and stainless band hardware. The 3rd Covid 19 watch has a solid back, no window, and black hardware on the red nato. Curious whether any other later serial numbers saw the configuration change.
Also wondering whether this is an open ended edition or whether they capped it. 242/?
I'll let you know if mine turns up (notice that I've gone from 'when' to 'if', as I'm beginning to doubt that it was ever posted)

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'll let you know if mine turns up (notice that I've gone from 'when' to 'if', as I'm beginning to doubt that it was ever posted)
Keep your fingers crossed. I never got tracking from factory just a notice they shipped. I may inquire about the total production number but Luch has yet to reply to 2 earlier emails so...

·
Registered
749 Posts
Keep your fingers crossed. I never got tracking from factory just a notice they shipped. I may inquire about the total production number but Luch has yet to reply to 2 earlier emails so...
I've just replied to their email of 15 days ago, in which they said that my order had "been returned & they'd re-send it" telling them that it hadn't been received - using google to translate into Russian, I'll see what comes of it.
It's not the money (don't begrudge their medical staff any money - reckon that they're like our medics, working like mad to just keep things going), just hate to not know what's happening, as I'd not received any notice that it'd been posted the first time.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Had a reply - stating that it could take up to 30 days - I'll give them a couple more weeks then. Be quicker by pigeon! Certainly made me have second thoughts about buying from them in the future though - shame really, as they've got some really nice looking watches.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Fairly sure that this one is going to be the only one that I buy from them, there's a seller on eBay from Minsk that I've delt with before and seems to be reliable (and sends stuff tracked)

Same here. Three attempts at dealing with the factory have been futile but third party eBay sellers have been excellent for me.

The watches are a little bit special. Like small dogs if that makes sense?

141 - 160 of 169 Posts