WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, let me start by saying I have owned MANYYY Genuine watches and still own a real Breitling Seawolf Avenger. I also own the replica version of the same Breitling and its AMAZING. I am not rich but I do enjoy watches and cant afford lots of high end watches like some people.

I have a Citizen, Bulova, Seiko, and many G shocks. We all know these watches are fairly inexpensive but the looks are just not there for me sometimes. I LOVE the look of Breitlings, Rolex, UN, and many other high end watches but cant afford them. Now, when I talk about replica watches, I'm not talking about crap replicas. If yall don't know, there is a world out there of high end replicas that are truly beautiful watches and made to very high standards and have nice movements.

How do yall feel about this world? I have recently discovered it and I know lots of you are gonna say fake watches are crap, fake watches are a kick in the ass to the real company of the watch manufacturer. But if you were in my shoes and you could grab a Rolex DSSD that is literally 95% genuine looking with a high end swiss ETA movement would you not wear it? There is a world of high end replica makers and from what Ive seen so far the work is quality. I have spent lots of time comparing my genuine Breitling to my replica that was $450 with a swiss eta and its is literally almost spot on. It would take a Breitling expert to probably know the difference if I handed him the watch. I installed a genuine seawolf bracelet on it and I cant tell the difference in the too. When I wear it, I swear Im wearing my real one. The replicas use high end materials, they are waterproofed, sapphire glass, AR coating, super lume, and Swiss movements. Now lets try to keep this thread professional and talk like adults. BEGIN!

·
Premium Member
7,410 Posts
Every watch is to some extent a replica of other watches. But there is a difference between buying a cheap watch that looks like an expensive watch, and buying a watch that has similar styling as other watches just because that's what works. All watch designers are fully immersed in the industry and know what else has been done, so they'll struggle to avoid borrowing elements from others that work. Avoiding that would require watches that are more and more outlandish. But good designers use those elements in their own way. All dress watches may therefore resemble each other without being copied for the purpose of deception.

By the way, you should get your terms straight. There are replicas of long-discontinued historical models. There are homages to current models, but carry the brand of the watch company that makes them. And there are fakes intended to deceive a buyer into thinking it was made by the watch company being copied. If your replica uses Breitling's brand, then it's a fake and discussion of it is forbidden on this forum (and for good reason). If it is marked with its own brand, then it's an "homage". But my comments above apply to homages when people are trying to get away with something. People have to examine their own motives.

Rick "who doesn't like putting on airs" Denney

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Lets talk about Replica watches and how you really feel about them!
My take is... they are "crap and a kick in the ass to the real company of the watch manufacturer" and if I were in your shoes and could grab a Rolex DSSD that is literally 95% genuine looking with a high end swiss ETA movement ?" no, I would never wear it, because I don't like crap, and because I identified fakes watches with posers (nothing personal) regarless of how "high end" the fake is ...at the end of the day is deceptive crap, tailor-made for the wannabes.
Hope this help you

Reactions: Dancing Fire

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
Someone hasn't read the sticky.... ;-) Might be an idea to do that now, so you'll know why this thread vanishes.

Lets talk about Replica watches and how you really feel about them!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.