WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

ANY information you could provide on this pocketwatch would be great, I don't even know anything about the brand! My dad gave it to me a while back and i've only recently found it again. It doesn't work and just seems to wind the time round. Any idea of how much something like this would be worth too?

Cheers guys, Simon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
38,749 Posts
Post moved to our Vintage & Pocket watches forum.

Some very knowledgeable people here. Hopefully they will be able to help you out.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
There was an old thread here in 2010 and I took this statement as a first indication:

'There's not a lot to be found about Liga. "The FABRIQUE D'HORLOGERIE LIGA S.A established in Solothurn in Switzerland produced watches in the 50's under the brands LIGA, ARTA, RENOVA, REVIDA, SOLORA, and STADION.'

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/can-anyone-please-tell-me-about-watch-liga-438338.html

On watch-wiki (German language page) you basically find the above info.

http://watch-wiki.org/index.php?title=Fabrique_d'Horlogerie_Liga_SA

Under the link 'Bildgallerie Uhrenmodelle' (Picture Gallery watch models) you find a picture of your watch.

·
Registered
7,776 Posts

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
I am not certain if "in-house" is a possibility here- the Liga 315 and the one in OP's watch look like Roskopf patent movements, and AFAIK these were made in large quantities by SHR (Reconvilier). The plate over the winding gears also matches with some of these SHR movements.
Here's a Reconvilier movement with a similar feature:
814001d1395694986-darf-ich-vorstellen-systeme-roskopf-auland-shr_rosskopf.jpg
Now, I'm not saying that it's a match- it definitely isn't, but I think it has some relation to the OP's movement. I'm guessing that relation is the same manufacturer, but then again I do admit that it's a long shot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts