WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just want to share...

its been 10 years since i got my swiss army as a gift (pre owned) from my father in law when me and his daughter (now my wife) got married. This watch has been with me thru trips, birth days of my 3 children, from the hottest places to the coldest ones and still kept ticking away, worn with coat and tie, jeans and all....has been bumped, dropped (accidentally of course - i wasnt a watch enthusiast then yet)) and still looks like new, scratch marks and all but those things give it character for me, all i had to do was change its battery and give it a little scrubbing with toothpaste : )..... love this watch and would never part with it...Ironically still dont know what model it is... couldnt find any info on the internet... meet my old friend.

the second still lines up perfectly at 60 : )

2015-05-20 01.17.49.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71,472 Posts
There's something special about a watch that's shared a bit of history with you. Not sure what it is but it's there alright.

·
Registered
271 Posts
It's nice when that happens. I had a Timex Expedition that recently gave up the ghost after almost 15 years (worn daily for most of that time). Cost me under $35 then, changed battery twice and strap once since then. This time I decided it wasn't worth investing any more into it, but it's a nice feeling to know it survived everything I did and I really got my money's worth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts