WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A couple years ago I bought my daughter her first g shock. A baby g in bright blue. Her favorite color. She wore it everywhere untill she ended up breaking her wrist. Then the watch ended up dissapearing after that.

Screenshot_20190717-134446.png

So the other day I felt obligated to buy her another one. This time in gold/black. It's been about a year since she's seen her other one.
IMG_20200630_193111.jpg

She was super excited to get it, to say the least. The wife doesn't get it.....and probably never will...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
G-SHOCK: you either get it or you don't. That should be Casio's tagline. :p

Beautiful photos. Congrats to your little one for having a dad with great taste! (y)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I can't get her into watches. I've been trying to get her a g shock for years, but she keeps telling me no. I bought her a heart beat monitor/step tracker watch that she wanted this year and that was as close as I could get with her. And then the battery dies, and she doesn't charge it, and it sits in her car for months.....awesome ..
She wierd....

·
Registered
662 Posts
This is awesome! As a school teacher I'm always thrilled to see a child wearing a wrist watch and let me just say how uncommon that is. Sometimes I ask my students who do wear them if they want to synchronize watches. I usually end up teaching them how to use an alarm or stopwatch feature (which they had no idea they had). Young ones show so much self confidence when they can tell others what time it is, definintely one of the more healthy gifts in my opinion. Bravo!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My little one loves wearing my S5600 around the house.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
I thought about giving my daughter my 5600....but I can't bring myself to do it. It's mineeeeee. So maybe I'll get her one of her own someday. Hell it would be cheaper than all these Baby G's......sheesh....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is awesome! As a school teacher I'm always thrilled to see a child wearing a wrist watch and let me just say how uncommon that is. Sometimes I ask my students who do wear them if they want to synchronize watches. I usually end up teaching them how to use an alarm or stopwatch feature (which they had no idea they had). Young ones show so much self confidence when they can tell others what time it is, definintely one of the more healthy gifts in my opinion. Bravo!
I know it sounds silly to most, teaching my 7 year old about time. But I like the idea of it.

Also, immediately after she put it on I showed her the alarm and stopwatch feature. So she of course was timing herself running around the house lmao. My daughter's is off by about 45 seconds. So I'll have to fix that for her....actually, I'm going to do it now. It bothers me now having atomic time keeping on my 5000. Lol

·
Registered
81 Posts
Awesome! I just got my 5yo son his first watch, a W59. He LOVES it! He wants the alarm to wake him, likes the hourly chime, and the ability to switch it to 24-hr time. He enjoys telling me how it works 😂. Well, Amazon sent a dupe, and my 8yo daughter wanted it. So I called Amazon to pay for it and they were shocked. Told me keep it, and wouldn’t charge me. Daughter is very happy too.

Last week the kids were in swim lessons and my son asked the instructor if her watch was water resistant etc. too cute!

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
That's what they were made for! Good to hear of people using them for what they are intended to be used for!
I've been law enforcement for 25 years now, and have abused many many many G's, we as a family know what works and survives.

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah so I synced my daughter's watch with mine, and she wanted to learn more modes. So I download the manual.

And there's so many more things her 40 dollar ( slightly used) g shock does than my 300.00 one does... Day counter? Data bank? Sheesh!

The more I read, the more jealous I was! Hahaha

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've been law enforcement for 25 years now, and have abused many many many G's, we as a family know what works and survives.

That's great!
I literally spend hours some days looking for pictures of the badly abused and beaten g shocks. Beautiful I tell you. But ironically it's harder to find than you'd think. Haha
My gw6900 was the watch I wore as a freight conductor on the railroad. It spent many hours hanging off the side of rail cars, in everything from -50 degree Fahrenheit snowstorm weather, to 100 degree pouring rain . It lasted a year with me untill I hurt my back.

·
Registered
12,314 Posts
That's great!
I literally spend hours some days looking for pictures of the badly abused and beaten g shocks. Beautiful I tell you. But ironically it's harder to find than you'd think. Haha
My gw6900 was the watch I wore as a freight conductor on the railroad. It spent many hours hanging off the side of rail cars, in everything from -50 degree Fahrenheit snowstorm weather, to 100 degree pouring rain . It lasted a year with me untill I hurt my back.
View attachment 15326979
SnowPiercer?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SnowPiercer?

No, that day we didn't have a train to take back to our home terminal, so we hitched a ride on a trailing engine. That's why I was allowed to have my phone out for the picture. Because we weren't running the train. 120 miles, going backwards is strange....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts