WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, like some others here, I recently ordered my first Sinn. While we have all seen the pics and it can seem redundant, it is fun to share.

I will say that it was finally seeing one in the flesh that tipped me over the edge, but the photos and comments from others here in the Sinn forum certainly stoked the fires *and* kept me fed while I was waiting for mine to arrive.

I did post these pics in the diver forum, but it was all you guys that fuel the fire, so here it is.

Finally, it was time to open it:

Lo and behold:

Years after my initial internet sighting, but only weeks after seeing it in the flesh for the first time.

This clasp was the first thing that got my attention years ago.

Time to tailor this guy. Several, "Man, I ruined my strap" posts had me removing one segment at a time.

When it was all said and done:

But, as I thought, the clasp itself, for me was the real "clincher". :)

The delay in posting gave me a chance to get the U1's feet wet.

Up from the "not so" deep.

I know that many can attest to the U1's diving prowess, I can only attest to the fact that it does just fine as a wake surfer.

Many people have talked about the legibility of the dial. I concur.
The clearness of the crystal. I concur.
The not so bright, yet long lasting lume. I concur.
The indestructible feel of the fit and finish. I concur.

And what I am noticing more and more, but don't hear a lot about: The way the clasp balances the weight of the watch so that it is one of the more comfortable watches I've worn. I sometimes have to look, just to be sure. The balance is just spot on in my experience. Also, it seems to wear, and look, a lot smaller than 44mm.

I will say it is hard to take it off the wrist, I just love the way it feels. Am I alone here, or are other U1 owners with on this?:think:

I am very pleased with this purchase. I don't really see falling out of enjoyment or appreciation of this watch. As I told my wife, I will now slim down the collection a bit... I'll needing to be posting on the sales corner soon.

Best to all, I hope my pic heavy post is well received...

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,203 Posts
Great post and great watch! :-!

I particularly like the wakesurfing pick myself. You must have a couple Fatsacs to put that much wake up. I'm a long time wakeboarder and have been making the rounds on the European cable parks. IMHO skiing without a boat is the way to go! ;-)

Congrats on your new Sinn and may you have health to enjoy.

·
Registered
300 Posts
awesome pics :-!

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
Congrats, great pics. Agree completely about the balance and how difficult it is to take it off. Really is a lot of watch for the money - hard to beat.

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Congratulations. Great pics and appreciate your thoughts on the U1.:-!

·
Registered
4,584 Posts
Great choice. Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Superb pics, gotta love that U1 style :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts