WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This forum has been quite an eye-opener for me with regards to the many German watches that slip under the radar of mainstream trends. This watch is one among the many that I believe hasn't gotten as much attention as it deserves.

After becoming a proud owner of an Archimede Outdoor 39 I started looking at some of the Limes watches, and I was fortunate enough that Ickler let me borrow this watch for a few weeks to review.

You can read the full detailed review here - Limes Endurance GMT – Beans & Bezels
or watch a video review here -

But for those not interested in clicking to external links, here's a quick summary of my experience:
  1. Exceptional case & bracelet - both in terms of design and manufacturing. I love the angular surfaces all over the case and bracelet!
  2. Bracelet & clasp are significantly better than on the Archimede 39. The links are extremely comfortable.
  3. Crown & crown guard layout is perfect, just as it was on the Archimede 39
  4. The dial is very legible, and even though there's an inner GMT ring in red, it doesn't feel like a cluttered dial at all. The colors are high contrast but well balanced.
  5. I'm not a big fan of date windows on watches, but the date window here is integrated well and doesn't feel out of place or 'asymmetric'
  6. The bezel insert has some roughness around the markers and numerals, but that appears to be a byproduct of the inlay material used.
  7. The bezel had some vertical movement but no back-play
  8. The dial is finished well, but I found 1-2 stray particles on the hands and dial (not visible without a macro lens/loupe)
  9. Very good lume on hands, and good lume on indices. I like that the GMT hand is lumed in a different color.
  10. Fit is good, even for smaller wrists such as mine (6.25"). The articulation on the end links is very good, which allows it to not extend beyond it's 50mm lug-to-lug width
Onto the photographs:

Some of my other photographs make it appear as though both dial and bezel are the same shade of blue, but this is not true. Please excuse my amateur photography skills. This photograph shows off the colors best:

Lume shot - the indices fade away faster than the hands, but the overall visibility is more than satisfactory:

I'm a big fan of the angular lugs and the interesting bracelet - case joint:

GMT ring & hands:

Full body shot:

I was very intrigued by the bezel design since it protrudes out of the case at the 12 and 6 o'clock positions:

The bracelet:

Wrist shot on my 6.25" wrist:

There's more macro photographs etc in my detailed review if you're interested.

Thanks for looking!

:coffee:

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Excellent review and photos. This is one of the watches I've "almost purchased" many times. It does have what I look for in an everyday watch. That is one incredible blue!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Another great review!

To me the watch looks like Tudor Pelago from a distance. I still prefer the unique design of OutDoor.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Btw I like how they showcase the rich history of Ickler by putting the name on the caseback. at 6 o'clock, and on the crown ("i").

·
Registered
762 Posts
The watch looks lovely overall but the finishing of the bezel insert (around the numerals as you mention) does not look up to par. I don’t think I would have accepted that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Excellent review and photos. This is one of the watches I've "almost purchased" many times. It does have what I look for in an everyday watch. That is one incredible blue!
Thank you for the kind words. I think it makes a great everyday watch too. The overall build quality is solid and I didn't feel the need to worry about it when it was on my wrist.

Another great review!

To me the watch looks like Tudor Pelago from a distance. I still prefer the unique design of OutDoor.
Thank you. Yeah I felt some Pelagos vibes from it too, but there aren't really any similar design cues. Maybe it's the large indices and similar colors?

Btw I like how they showcase the rich history of Ickler by putting the name on the caseback. at 6 o'clock, and on the crown ("i").
I like that too. I wish they did that on their Archimede watches too. I love the Ickler at 6 o'clock.

The watch looks lovely overall but the finishing of the bezel insert (around the numerals as you mention) does not look up to par. I don’t think I would have accepted that.

It isn't obviously visible to the naked eye, and the bezel insert actually looks pretty good in person. Its only when you take a macro lens or loupe to it can you see the somewhat rough edges on the bezel elements.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
The watch looks very nice. Do you happen to have wrist shot taken further from your wrist?
Thanks for the review.

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This looks amazing. Some of the best standard lug bracelet integration I've ever seen.

Excellent photos as usual, looking forward for the next review.
Thank you very much for the kind words! I agree, it's an excellent integration. What makes it even more impressive is that the joint is slightly curved too.

The predecessor:

Wow, that is a beast. I love the double headed GMT hand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts