WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi John!

Why did you sell it? Are you a watch collector? I bought my fiance the new limited edition 007 watch for my wedding present.. but I'm not sure now if it is worth it... It says they only produced 10,007 watches worldwide.. Is that really LIMITED edition? It would be better if they only had 107 or 1007 maybe?

T
John_Rochowicz said:
$2195 was the US retail price on that model. I owned one and sold it, but I still remember all the details.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
I would not consider a production of 10,007 watches a "real" limited edition. How exclusive it really is if 10,006 other people have it. Any way, I´m sure your fiance would enjoy it. I do enjoy my watches and surely they are more than 10,000 owners of the same model. Is it worth it? you bought a legendary watch with co-axial escapement. I would love my wife even more if she gave me one as a present.

G

·
redgypsy said:
Hi John!

Why did you sell it? Are you a watch collector? I bought my fiance the new limited edition 007 watch for my wedding present.. but I'm not sure now if it is worth it... It says they only produced 10,007 watches worldwide.. Is that really LIMITED edition? It would be better if they only had 107 or 1007 maybe?

T
Yes, at the time I bought it because I suspected it could become a collector's item. I sold it because I just didn't want to keep money tied up in something that was sitting unworn in my safe. I have a regular Bond SMP so I saw no need to wear the limited edition one, especially since the LE one was worth more money.

I never considered it to be THAT limited since there were 10,006 other ones out there scattered throughout the world. ;-)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
sounds more like limited production

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.