WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not familiar with Omega prices, so I wonder what is the general value retention of Omega's limited editions watches?

Specifically, tha latest Planet Ocean America's Cup, limited to 2021 pieces, costs around 6600 euros new, in Omega Boutiques. However, I see three sellers on Chrono24, trying to get 7600 euros for the watch.

·
Registered
11,473 Posts
I'm not familiar with Omega prices, so I wonder what is the general value retention of Omega's limited editions watches?

Specifically, tha latest Planet Ocean America's Cup, limited to 2021 pieces, costs around 6600 euros new, in Omega Boutiques. However, I see three sellers on Chrono24, trying to get 7600 euros for the watch.
That watch hasn’t even sold out yet so the people are dreaming!!

It really varies from piece to piece. Now and again an LE will be released that does ok. Best thing is to just buy a watch that you love and won’t sell. You can’t lose that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SaMaster14

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
That watch hasn’t even sold out yet so the people are dreaming!!

It really varies from piece to piece. Now and again an LE will be released that does ok. Best thing is to just buy a watch that you love and won’t sell. You can’t lose that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with the above!

It seems like every other watch from Omega is some sort of limited edition. It really just depends on the piece and supply/demand - value is flexible.

Many of the Speedmaster limited editions have retained value and have appreciated.

Another example would be the Bond Seamasters. The Spectre model, which was worn by Craig in 2015 has appreciated, while most of the other Bond LEs seem to be purchase-able at a depreciated price. Further, the new Bond watches just came out, so I have no idea how that is going to affect the market for the Spectre LE.

Regardless, I’m not sure if I’d recommend buying an Omega (or really any watch for that matter, unless you have a connection to get a steel Rolex or Patek at MSRP tomorrow) if it’s to be used as an investment or to flip for higher value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: solesman

·
Registered
9,440 Posts

Take the LE PO 2018 Olympic edition. Which is a similar watch (2018 peaces, PO, similar looks, similar price). I've seen it sell for substantially less at a private sale (don't go by eBay/chrono24 prices). That leads me to believe value retention isn't great.
https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=713974

7600€ is bonkers. Isn't that more then RRP? Is it on a waiting list???

Unless the AC is popular enough to have a waiting list, I don't see it as becoming anything sought after.

·
Registered
9,039 Posts

Well, because they produce so many 'Limited Editions', this may affect the overall value retention. I think, many around here on WUS, take Omega's 'Limited Editions' with a rather large pinch of salt.
In my opinion, the incessant release of 'Limited Editions' hasn't done the Omega brand any favours.
So, for this reason, I think many of the 'Limited Editions' aren't as coveted, as Omega may wish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts