WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sincerest apologies for posting celebrity gossip.. my wife sent this my way, had a good chuckle!

Spies said that when Lohan recognized a wealthy Canadian financier at a nearby table, she shot over to schmooze him — but then sent an assistant over when bidding on the charity auction began.
“There were items being auctioned for $20,000,” said a spy. “After chatting with the businessman, Lindsay sent over an assistant, who said, ‘Lindsay would very much like it if you’d bid on this item as a gift.’ ”
However, the gentleman declined. “He just cracked up,” our source said — and the piece, believed to be a Hublot diamond watch with a white alligator strap, went to another bidder.
Source: Lindsay Lohan asks a guest to bid on a gift for her at a star-studded AMfaR benefit - NYPOST.com

Kindest Regards,
Portauto

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
What would she offer the businessman in return?
Not much, imo...

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Lohan and a watch pronounced "you-blow" leads to just too many cocaine snorting jokes, among others.

Reactions: mikeyc and OzO

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Lohan and a watch pronounced "you-blow" leads to just too many cocaine snorting jokes, among others.
Hublot = yblo.
Y like in Yves

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Hublot = yblo.
Y like in Yves
Not according to this thread with sound: More like hoo-blow. If iy was "y" like "Yves" wouldn't there be a "y" in it. ;-) The "blow" is there, tough. :)
Guess I should have used a winkie face in my other post. :roll:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Not according to this thread with sound: More like hoo-blow. If iy was "y" like "Yves" wouldn't there be a "y" in it. ;-) The "blow" is there, tough. :)
Guess I should have used a winkie face in my other post. :roll:
I speak some french and the H is always silent. So it is pronounced 'You blo' not 'ee blo' and technically 'you blot' but the t is not stressed like the word hot...more like 'lait' pronounced 'lay' as in cafe au lait.

either way...using the term Hublot with Lindsay Lohan has all kind of possibilities :)

·
Registered
753 Posts
The french don't pronounce the H so it's more like U-BLO and the U doesn't sound like the english "you". I actually can't find the sound in an English word ...

·
Registered
6,047 Posts
Isn't it French for blowhole or porthole?

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Goddamn ms Lohan, she could have chosed a brand with a more easily pronounced name....

·
Registered
262 Posts
I speak no French, but I think I've got this one. It's "hub" as in "hubcap", and it's "lot" as in "parking lot". Therefore you get "hub-lot". Problem solved!!!

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The french don't pronounce the H so it's more like U-BLO and the U doesn't sound like the english "you". I actually can't find the sound in an English word ...
your looking for the word ewe as one syllable, not two as some may pronounce it

1 - 20 of 32 Posts